
I think many of the folks who don't care for Jazz have a set idea of what they believe all Jazz music sounds like in general. Now, ask a Jazz lover about their music and you'll get an entirely different attitude. There will be references to artists, instruments, styles, vocals and more. It's a huge genre with a wide variety of options within.
I recently purchased Lee Ritenour's 6 String Theory. It came out earlier in the year, but I only discovered it a few days ago. I'm amazed at the variety of music captured in the 15 tracks on this album! Consider some of the guest artists: Slash, Neal Schon, Vince Gill, Taj Mahal, Keb' Mo', B.B. King, Jonny Lang, George Benson, Joey DeFrancesco... and that's less than half of them. There are Country influences, Blues, Rock and Classical, along with some acoustic work.
Lee Ritenour alone would have made the album for me. All the others just make it that much better. I have a feeling it's going to be an album I listen to over and over and over.

6 comments:
I wouldn't say I'm a big jazz fan but I've sampled some of it and been amazed at the wide variety there is.
It sounds really great. I love acoustic guitar music. I hope it's as nice a day there as it is here. Love & Blessings!
Surprisingly pretty good. I still can't say that I'm a fan of Jazz over all. At least not as a steady diet.
Can't say that I'm a huge fan but I'm always willing to be educated as to just what is out there so thanks for this post.
Sounds like I'm gonna have to download some tunes from here. I personally prefer jazz guitar to any of the other instruments.
Thanks for the lead!
quid
I know several of you are not really jazz fans, so I appreciate the receptive comments.
:)
Marion - ours days have been beautiful!
Quid - I figured this would be an album you'd love.
Post a Comment