
Here's what came up in the shuffle this month. Any of these bring back memories for you?
1. Newborn Friend (Seal) - His first two albums were my favorites, this one coming from the second.
2. You Send Me (Sam Cooke) - I don't think I ever knew the tragic circumstances of Sam Cooke's death until I read his Wiki-bio.
3. Time For Me To Fly (REO Speedwagon) - From 1978. I prefer their music from the early to mid 70s.
4. MMM MMM MMMM (Crash Test Dummies) - My kids and I loved this song when it was popular.
5. Amazing Journey/Sparks (The Who) - A track from the rock opera Tommy.
6. Saxuality (Candy Dulfer) - Amazing the things I learn by doing these posts! I didn't realize Candy Dulfer was Dutch.
7. If I Can't Have You (Bee Gees) - This was the "Count Da Money Remix" version.
8. China Grove (Doobie Brothers) - The Doobies have a new album out and a single from it is available for free on iTunes this week. They still sound good!
9. Janie's Got a Gun (Aerosmith) - Great Classic Rock.
10. Seven Whole Days (Toni Braxton) - Evidently she is also known for being on Dancing With The Stars.
11. I Wanna Learn a Love Song (Harry Chapin) - Mention Harry Chapin and most folks automatically think of Cat's in the Cradle. That song might have gotten the most airplay, but he was a great storyteller and put out many other wonderful songs including this one. Another tragic death.
12. Dolphin Dreams (Lee Ritenour) - I love it when a song comes up in the rotation that I haven't heard in ages! Did you know that Ritenour appeared in one of the songs on Pink Floyd's The Wall album?
13. Lonesome Loser (Little River Band) - I like this one, but nothing beats Reminiscing.
14. Ballad of Big (Genesis) - This is from their album And Then There Were Three, which was released after the departure of Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett. Not the progressive alt/rock of their early days, but before they descended into pop.
15. Ghetto Child (The Spinners) - It horrifies my daughter when I say this, but I like The Spinners better than The Temptations or The Four Tops.
1. Newborn Friend (Seal) - His first two albums were my favorites, this one coming from the second.
2. You Send Me (Sam Cooke) - I don't think I ever knew the tragic circumstances of Sam Cooke's death until I read his Wiki-bio.
3. Time For Me To Fly (REO Speedwagon) - From 1978. I prefer their music from the early to mid 70s.
4. MMM MMM MMMM (Crash Test Dummies) - My kids and I loved this song when it was popular.
5. Amazing Journey/Sparks (The Who) - A track from the rock opera Tommy.
6. Saxuality (Candy Dulfer) - Amazing the things I learn by doing these posts! I didn't realize Candy Dulfer was Dutch.
7. If I Can't Have You (Bee Gees) - This was the "Count Da Money Remix" version.
8. China Grove (Doobie Brothers) - The Doobies have a new album out and a single from it is available for free on iTunes this week. They still sound good!
9. Janie's Got a Gun (Aerosmith) - Great Classic Rock.
10. Seven Whole Days (Toni Braxton) - Evidently she is also known for being on Dancing With The Stars.
11. I Wanna Learn a Love Song (Harry Chapin) - Mention Harry Chapin and most folks automatically think of Cat's in the Cradle. That song might have gotten the most airplay, but he was a great storyteller and put out many other wonderful songs including this one. Another tragic death.
12. Dolphin Dreams (Lee Ritenour) - I love it when a song comes up in the rotation that I haven't heard in ages! Did you know that Ritenour appeared in one of the songs on Pink Floyd's The Wall album?
13. Lonesome Loser (Little River Band) - I like this one, but nothing beats Reminiscing.
14. Ballad of Big (Genesis) - This is from their album And Then There Were Three, which was released after the departure of Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett. Not the progressive alt/rock of their early days, but before they descended into pop.
15. Ghetto Child (The Spinners) - It horrifies my daughter when I say this, but I like The Spinners better than The Temptations or The Four Tops.

15 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Harry Chapin! My dad had us listen to his double album "Greatest Stories Live" all the time when we were kids. I knew that album by heart (and still do).
Oh dear, I haven't heard any of these songs. I feel I may be doing a lot of googling this afternoon.
Jenners - That's the album I listened to over and over as a teenager. We can sing along together!
Tracy - I know some of my selections are fairly obscure, but I bet you'll know a few of these if you hear them. So often I don't recognize song titles.
Temptations all the way!!! I sure love that movie.
: )
I've become an NPR junkie and haven't listened to much other music lately. There's just something soothing about the background drone of their voices or the soft jazz. LOL! Love & Blessings!
Victoria - *eye roll*
Marion - I've been in a jazz mood in my car lately, too. Soothing.
Janie's Got a Gun and China Grove would be my favorites from this list. I've been told the China Grove really is a place down around San Anton...now I'm curious exactly where.
They are discontinuing that moisturizer. Sorry. :(
Jen - I'm disappointed about the moisturizer. *sigh*
Now, there is a list with a blast of wind from the past. And I'm far from certain if it's a cold or warm wind.
haha I remember HmmmmmHmmmmmMMMM from way back when.
And I can never help but sing and dance along to If I Can't Have You by Bee Gees.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/
Oh, I can remember Bee Gees.. now off to check out the rest of the list.
Sound interesting!
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, Kelly. Soo glad you noticed the motion in those captures.
Thanks so mucxh!
Hope yu're having a great weekend!
Big hugs!
B xx
Vince - For me, it's pretty much all good memories with this list.
Naida - MMMM was one of those songs you either loved or hated. I can still sing along with most of the words!
Betty - I think everyone remembers the Bee Gees thanks to Saturday Night Fever!
"Janie's got a gun" ..LOVE IT! Hadn't thought about it for awhile.
I found myself playing a little Meatloaf Live the other day. Always fun!
That and "In My Room" ~ Depeche Mode
I loved "You Send Me". Bonnie Bramlett did a version in the 70's that is my favorite, although I loved everything Sam Cooke did. I hadn't thought of "Janie's Got A Gun" in years!! (I have the Indigo Girls... "Don't Give That Girl A Gun" on a CD, and it always reminds me of that tune. I'm a sucker for the Spinners. Favorite?
"Could It Be I'm Falling in Love?"
I always enjoy IPod Roulette.
quid
Quid - I thought of you with the Sam Cooke. Nice to know another Spinners fan! That's a good song, too!
Post a Comment