Thursday, October 28, 2010

iPod Roulette for October


This month's spin of the wheel turned up some very mellow stuff and certainly not a good cross-section of what's on my iPod. That's okay. It all fit the mood at the time.


1. Embraceable You (
Billie Holiday) - What a great voice this woman has!

2. Listen to the Rhythm of the Falling Rain (
The Cascades) - This must be something of a "one hit wonder" since I don't know of anything else they did.Italic

3. Bushwick Blues (
Delta Spirit) - A freebie from Starbucks.

4. Sweet Little Sixteen (
Chuck Berry) - This makes me think of that scene from Back to the Future when Berry's "cousin" calls him after hearing Marty McFly play Johnny B. Goode

5. Shoo-Shoo Baby (
John Kirby) - Big Band music.

6. Rhiannon (
Fleetwood Mac) - I always think of Marion when I hear Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks!

7. Lilac Wine (
Jeff Beck) - This song featuring Imelda May is on the album I wrote about here.

8. Best of My Love (
The Emotions) - This is on the soundtrack for the movie Boogie Nights. It's a great soundtrack!!

9. No More Lonely Nights (
Paul McCartney) - Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that includes Sir Paul. However, I wish people wouldn't quote "facts" when, in fact, their facts aren't factual! Especially when they're celebrities (which for some unknown reason seems to make their opinions count for more in some people's eyes). I'll just leave it at that for now.

10. Veni Sancte Spiritus (
Colin Towns) - Colin Towns did the score for the PBS Cadfael series.

11. The Wondrous Word (The Melody Boys Quartet) - Southern Gospel music.

12. The Girl is Mine (
Michael Jackson) - This song features Paul McCartney. Michael Jackson might have been very weird, but he was a great musician and dancer.

13. Duke's End (
Genesis) - Another track from their Duke album (which seems to pop up a lot in my roulette).

14. Head Over Heels (
Tears for Fears) - Love this group and this song!

15. Fortunate Son (
Credence Clearwater Revival) - My brother is probably looking at this wondering why I have any CCR in my iTunes since he knows I don't much care for them (especially Proud Mary). This just happens to be on the Forrest Gump soundtrack and I uploaded the entire thing.

11 comments:

Jen said...

You don't like CCR????? It's ok, we can still be friends...

I'm going on November 15. Probably for a visit this time so I can come home to be with my daughter on Thanksgiving...unless I get one heck of a job offer.

Kelly said...

Jen - So I guess now's not the time to also admit that I'm not much of a Grateful Dead or Bruce Springsteen fan, either? I can tolerate CCR more easily than either of those. Even the, there's really very little I absolutely can't listen to.

Pam said...

I can forgive the Deadhead, but Springsteen????? Are you my sister???? LOL!

Love The Boss!

Jenners said...

Once again, a very eceletic play list. And I've haven't heard any CCR in ages!

Kelly said...

Pamel - You have to admit, we probably have more overlaps in our musical taste than not.

Jenners - It's a different list, that's for sure. I'm just not sure it really reflects "me".

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Listen To The Rhythm - I love this song and now that you've mentioned it I just know I'm going to be singing it all day.

Anonymous said...

I hardly know any of ‘em. Isn’t Delta Spirit an aeroplane?

Have a nice day, Boonie

quid said...

A good list! I loved Dan Fogelberg's version of "Listen to the Rhythm of the Falling Rain" and Chris Botti's "Embraceable You".

"The Girl Is Mine" is my favorite Michael Jackson song. He had his moments. I hadn't thought of it in awhile. Thank you!

No CCR? No Springsteen? How kind of you not to pan me when I've featured both on my blog. I, too, can take the Grateful Dead or leave them. Except for "Truckin' ". Love that song!

quid

Kelly said...

Tracy - It's definitely one of those "stick in your head" songs. Now I'M humming it!

Boonie - Most are probably from before your time. :) Delta is an airline and, I think, Spirit is as well.

Quid - Pan you? Never!! I had forgotten that Fogelberg did that song, too.

Mike said...

I am surprised at a CCR song in your collection. Of course I also have surprises...like one Michael Jackson song - Ben.

Kelly said...

Mike - Actually, Ben is one of my favorite MJ songs.