Admit it. We all have them. You know..... those little annoyances and irritations that get under your skin.
1. Tailgaters - I tend to drive the speed limit or a few mph over. I can't imagine why anyone thinks it's going to make me go faster if they get right on my behind. If anything, I'll drive more slowly!
2. People talking loudly on their cellphones in public - This is even worse if they're using Bluetooth. I can't count the number of times I've mistakenly thought someone was speaking to me! I really don't want to hear all about their life.
3. Unsupervised/unruly children in public - I think some of the worst offenders are at buffets. I hate seeing kids clearly younger than the specified "go it alone" age picking through the desserts after picking their nose.
4. Invasion of my personal space - There have been so many times in a checkout line I've wanted to turn to the person behind me and say "Please. I'm not through here yet. Can you wait your turn?". Of course I'm too polite to do that, but I will turn and give "the look".
5. People that enter through the "out" door - This mainly bothers me if I'm pushing a heavy cart of purchases and have to come to a complete stop to wait for them to get out of the way. It would be different if there wasn't a specific door for entering.
All pretty silly in the grand scheme of things. So, what bugs you?

29 comments:
Ha Kelly. I also cannot stand tailgaters!!!! That would be my number 1.
no. 2 Busy bodies (all guilty I guess but some people make it a profession!!)
no. 3 Narrow-mindedness never seeing any way but their way even if it means improvement.
no. 4 Snobbery/arrogance.......can't stand it
no. 5 Fire ants! I don't know their purpose in this world but I will find out one day :)
Ha ha I agree with number 2!
I'm a bit of a tailgater, sorry!
People that are all talk and no do annoy the heck out of me. I get excited and then they back out. It doesnn't bother me as much as it used to, though. Now I'll just leave without them and do it anyway.
1. People who judge others not knowing their circumstances.
2. Book jackets that give away the entire story.
3. Spider & snake killers.
4. Hunters who arrive before dawn in the posted, wooded private property across the street from me to shoot their cannons.
5. The blatant hypocrisy of the mainstream media and Hollywood when it comes election time.
What a great idea!! I loved reading your list. You especially got over into my list with those "out of control" kids.
I'm with you on the cell phone talkers ... it is becoming so common and it is annoying (plus they look weird when it is the Bluetooth thing ... like they are just talking to themselves).
One of my biggest pet peeves is people who don't return their shopping carts to the store of the corrals. It only takes a minute!!!1
Lane - I think I'll go along with ALL of yours, espcially #5!
Joey - I'll let the tailgating slide this time. Thanks for stopping by!
Jen - That's what my husband always refers to as "big talk little do"
Marion - Amen to the first one on your list!!
Jenny - Glad someone else agrees about the kids!
Jenners - I've even seen people who are parked right next to a return not put it in there!!
I feel I must defend 'out of control' kids...well, really their moms. Not that my two little angels ever showed their butts in Wally World when they were babies. ;-)
But both of my daughters now have children and my youngest has a 4 year old and a 6 year old. The 4 year old has hearing problems and wears hearing aids and we have to talk LOUDLY to him. And he gets pretty frustrated, too, at times.
She and her husband work long hours and she's usually shopping with the kids after picking them up from daycare and everyone is hungry, tired and cranky. (It kills me that they live so far out of town that I can't help...and they have no family there, either.) So next time you see some wild kids in public, perhaps go and offer the mother a hand or talk to the children. I try to do the same and it makes a big difference. Blessings!
I understand what you're saying, Marion. That goes hand in hand with #1 on your list. The ones I'm referring to are usually with an adult that you can tell just doesn't care. I really wasn't casting stones!
I agree with you on so many of these! (Well, all of them, really, but as I nearly never drive, the tailgate thing doesn't really affect me)
In addition it makes me mad as a pedestrian when I approach a zebra crossing and the cars don't slow down. Since I don't have a death wish, this means I don't enter the street. This usually means the car stops anyway, but not without the driver giving me an angry eye. What? He expected me to walk into the street, not being entirely sure he would stop his car? Especially these days, when the roads are getting slippery, there is no way I am doing that until I am sure the car has slowed down sufficiently for it to be able to not run me down!
I agree with Marion on the wild kids topic. Taking 2 boys with emotional disorders/mental health issues in public is frustating and often embarrassing for me. I don't do it whenever it can be avoided. But, when my daughter and I are both working and the onlly time I have to hit the grocery, etc. is with the kids (can't be left unsupervised most of the time) I'm forced to deal with 'issues'.
1) people who are chronically late.
2) tailgaters (my daughter is one I have to constantly bite my tongue!
3) People who use their cell phones while driving and lane wandering.
4) Blue tooth users talking loudly in stores, esp. the check out line.
5) People who walk their dogs and allow them to crap in MY front yard! I have 3 pups who only go out in the backyard. That's enough of a cleanup! I'm not into picking up the poop of the idiots who allow their dogs to use people's front lawns as a dumpig ground!!
I guess I'm easily annoyed. Tops on my list would be distracted drivers...whether it's talking or texting on a cell phone, reading a book or newspaper, putting on makeup, smoking or eating while driving. Hand talkers are even worse since they have the phone in one hand and are flittering around with their other hand.
Next item also involves cell phones...talking in a restaraunt or while grocery shopping and always talking too loud. I guess since it's wireless they feel like they have to talk that much louder.
Blue tooth cell phones....makes you think they are talking to them self. I like to turn around and say "did you adk me something?" in a loud tone.
Political robo calls. Too bad they can't be included on the Federal Do Not Call List.
Old people who walk around with their mouth hanging open looking retarded.
Kids walking around with saggy pants that are hanging so low that they have to use one hand to hold them up.
Women who wear high high heels who absolutely can't walk in them. They can't be comfortable.
Finally, people who respond to blog entries and go on and on and on.
Cruella - I've always been told the pedestrian has the right-of-way. Still, that doesn't do much good if the pedestrian ends up dead!! I never trust a car's intentions until I'm positive they're going to do what they're supposed to.
Pamel - Your first one resonates loudly with me. I can't stand being late anywhere and expect the same from others!! I'm smiling about your last one.
Mike - HaHa. Your comment was a little short...think you can list a few more for me?? Oh...and you (and I) are not getting any younger so be careful casting stones at older people. I always have a soft spot in my heart for them.
Very well said, Kelly.
I totally and utterly agree with you.
Great list, and that #4...oh well, I adore that look of yours. I exactly do the same thing.
Have a great weekend!
Big hugs,
B xx
X
1. Loud people, especially in venues where they don't have to be loud, e.g. restaurants.
2. Smoke of ANY kind -- cigarette, cigar, etc. I absolutely detest the cigar craze and have, unfortunately, alienated myself from a number of friends. Just can't stand it.
3. Calling young people "kids." I can tolerate it somewhat in the plural but in the singular, it absolutely makes my skin crawl. I hate that it has become so acceptable. This is a holdover from my mother.
4. Religious people who are so big on doctrine/dogma but short on compassion. For Christians, this is inexcusable.
5. Bad grammar and punctuation, especially from people who should know better. When I was growing up, saying "Where are you at?" could get your mouth washed out with soap. Almost every day now, I hear it -- at work, on TV, you name it. I would have grounded my sons and daughter (notice I did not say my "kids") for this . . . well maybe not but I should have.
I'll stop at 5 but I'm sure I could come up with more. :-0
Hey MIke! Old fossils rock!!! At least I don't walk around with my mouth hanging open!!! LOL! :)
1. People who text while driving.
2. Brett Favre
3. Cashiers at the drive up window who let go of your cash before you have hold of it. The money, my friend, is blowing in the wind.
4. Smoke! I'm allergic. The smell, the acrid air.
5. Bitchy women. (I'm sure men can be bitchy, I just haven't met many.)
PS There is something in this list for everyone!
I'm with you on the tailgaters.
Fireworks, not the big display, but the one going off on it's own. They frighten the heck out of my hound.
People that mark the wild areas with anything beyond a ring of fire-stones.
I guess my biggest pet peeves would be gossips, working on Sunday morning, blue tooth people (they make the whole world look like it's full of people who wander around talking to themselves), people who think they're better than the rest of the world, or somehow exempt from the rules that apply to everyone else, and tailgaters scare the mess out of me. (I usually pull off immediately and let them go by.)
Betty - I have a feeling we all can give that look at times.
Bob - Yikes! I've guilty of your #3 all the time!! I had no idea that bothered you.
Quid - I'm with you (and Bob) on the smoke one. Still laughing at your #2.
Vince - I guess the tailgating thing must be universal. It's certainly the most offensive thing on my list.
Debby - Gossips bother me, too, and I make a conscious effort not to be one.
Omg!! Uncle Mike and the old people!!! I seriously just disturbed my neighbors laughing at that. Also the high heeled shoes is one for me. I can't help but make fun of them. Too many other to list. Everything gets on my nerves.
1. when people TEXT when you're trying to have a conversation with them
2. when people don't respond to your text within a reasonable amount of time
3. when people don't walk like you drive (to the right)
4. people complaining about being fat when they aren't fat
5. people who get upset when they get a B
I'd add, people who park and block the entrance to our home. We live in the quietest street in the world that usually has no parked cars, but our neighbour opposite often parks so that we can't walk into our home. I think that it's a bit of jealousy. I think that he's an idiot!
PS: When we ask him to move he always apologises - why do it in the first place?
Have a nice peeve free day, Boonie
Vic - I knew you felt that way about the heels, too.
Claire - I'm definitely with you on #3 and #4.
Boonie - He's either an idiot or really has something against you. Just kill him with kindness!
Kelly, don't worry about #3, it's a personal thing with me and it's a habit of some of my favorite people, including my wife. As I said, I especially can't stand it in the singular, just hate the way it sounds. I say it myself in the plural sometimes but I still don't like it. I generally keep it to myself but you gave me such a good outlet.
Can you believe the interest this post generated?? Lots of closet curmedgeons out there!
Bob - Considering your wife is guilty, too, then I don't feel quite as bad. Yes...amazing what that one little question (what bugs you?) sparked!
Ex-Husbands! I get to pick up my daughter every other Sunday from an annoynance that I find worse than fireants and Mosquitos combined...and this particular nail biting annoynance tends to bring out the worst in me also...or so I've been told. Lol! And you can tell today was Sunday!
I agree with Claire on the people that say they are fat and aren't...so silly.
I can't stand anyone who thinks they are better than everyone else either.
I'm with you on the pet peeves. Also, it bugs the heck out of me when I have my cruise control set, and people pass me, pull back into the right lane, and SLOW DOWN.
Amy - you made me laugh!!
Hal - Yet another one that I agree with! Geez...I must be a really peeved person!
Post a Comment