Friday, May 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie

Our middle child is the one who loves to cook. Now that she's home again for awhile we're trying some new recipes. Here's the latest. I think it came out of the Simple & Delicious magazine, but I'm not sure and can't credit who submitted it. I can say that it was quite yummy! We ate it all before I thought about taking a photo, so you'll just have to use your imagination as to what it looked like.

Peanut Butter Pie

3/4 cup peanut butter
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 carton (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 graham cracker crust (9 in.)
Salted chopped peanuts

In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers.

We added some mini-chocolate chip morsels while folding in the whipped topping. It tasted better the second day after it had time to really chill and firm up.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE peanut butter! I've never heard of a peanut butter pie, though. Sounds yummy...like an overgrown Reese's...mmmmm...

Marion said...

Yum! Fabulous recipe, Kelly.

I was at my daughter's house all day for Taylor's 14th unbirthday party. She had the biggest water slide I'd ever seen and the kids all had a blast on it. One of her friends brought these little things. Hmmm, they were Reese's little peanut butter cups inside a tiny crust made of peanut butter cookie dough. It was major YUM! (Taylor's birthday is June 25th, but they wanted to celebrate early so more kids could come....thus the 'unbirthday'. He had a lot of fun). I hope you have a fun weekend. Hot and dry here. Blessings!!

Karen said...

I love Peanut Butter Pie! May I suggest using the chocolate cookie crust as an alternative to the graham cracker crust. It gives it another great flavor and the combination is hard to beat!

Pam said...

Yummy, yummy, rich and yummy!!! :)

Kelly said...

Karen, I think that's a great idea about the chocolate crust!!

Marion....the Reeses things sound delicious!

Jen, Pam....yep, it was definitely yummy! That's why it didn't survive long enough for pix.

Linda said...

Yummmmm...that sounds soooo good. I think I need to try this recipe