Sunday, May 2, 2010

Friendship and Fun (and food, of course)


First of all, thanks to Petty Witter , for awarding me the Panda Super Comments Award*. She has a fun blog filled with humor, trivia and books reviews. Always a pleasure to visit! (* These bloggers leave awesome comments - they make you laugh, think, and offer encouragement and support. In other words, they're freaking awesome) Though this award has no "rules" for passing on, I thought I'd share it with Marion. I can count on her (and Petty Witter) to visit me here most every day! Thanks, Marion.... I appreciate you!



It's fun to make new friends in blogosphere. Sometimes those friendships become more personal such as when Marion, Quid, Pam and I got together for a weekend in Louisiana. I managed to dig up the post from my old blog here telling about that meeting. Then, occasionally an old friend from real life will also become a blogging friend. I'm referring to Bob, who is one of my oldest friends (old in the sense we probably first met as toddlers in the church nursery).

Thanks to one of my friends for organizing get togethers when she comes "home" for visits, there is a group of us from high school (and earlier) that try to connect at least once a year. Last night was one of those times. I especially enjoyed the evening because when they gathered last year I was at my WI BOW event and missed it. We had one missing member this year, too..... she had to be in Orlando, FL for a work related event. Maybe next time we'll all make it. It was a great evening packed with lots of talking, laughing and, of course, eating. Everyone contributed and one of the recipes I took was this one that I clipped from the May issue of Simple & Delicious.


Spinach Cheese Dip
(contributed by Christine Cragan of Salem, MA)

1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 jar (16 oz) salsa
1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 cups (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
Tortilla chips

In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, salsa, spinach and 1 cup cheese blend. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips.

In conclusion, here's a photo of Bob and me along with a group shot.




11 comments:

Marion said...

First, thank you for the award! You deserve it, too, because you're a faithful friend. I'm glad you had so much fun with Bob. (I love your shirt!) I'm planning to post something about our Natchitoches get together soon on my blog. (Better late than never!) I just came across all those great photos I took then. Blessings!

Karen said...

Glad to hear that you had so much fun last evening! Looks like a great recipe, too!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Many thanks for such a glowing reference, you have me blushing. Always a delight to visit you, I'll be sure to visit the other blogs you mention.

Pam said...

How fun! Love the photo of you and Bob!!!

The dip sounds good, too!

*sigh* I did so love the Louisiana trip with us 'girls'!! Wish we could do it again!

One of these days I'll be a better commenter. I just barely have time to read them these days!

Debby said...

I always wondered how you and Bob were connected. And Pam and Quid are your sisters? *blinks* I'm sure it will be easier to keep straightonce I meet all of you in person.

Algernon said...

Way back when Sarah and I were in California and I was blogging every day on MySpace (!) we ended up going to some blogger party, meeting a whole bunch of on-line personalities in person for the first time. It was an awkward party at first, but we ended up playing instruments and having a grand time.

Sadly, though, all those connections went away when my blog moved. So it goes.

Enjoy your Panda!

Kelly said...

Debby... just Pam and I are sisters. Although after that weekend Quid and Marion were like sisters to us both!

Jenners said...

What a cute photo!!! Loved getting to know you a little bit better with this post!

quid said...

I loved the pictures!!! And I'm honored to be sisters with the three of you....

quid

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I think that as with off-line life,
people can forge enduring
bonds of friendship with each
other through the web.

I appreciated the pictures
which you have included
with your post.

Congrats on the Panda.
And personally I am guilty
of being an irregular visitor
at the blogs.
Raven

Bob said...

We did have such a good time, Kelly! We're not a bad looking bunch.

Debby, to confuse things even more . . . Kelly and I are lifelong friends and until she married, we had the same last name! she also remembers when I had hair.

I tell you, Kelly is quite the cook, too. The food she brought last Sat. night was over the top!