Oolong Dead is the tenth installment in the "Tea Shop Mystery" series by Laura Childs and my third book for the Cozy Mystery Challenge.Marion introduced me to this series because she knew how much I loved tea. Each book revolves around Theodosia Browning, owner of the Indigo Tea Shop in Charleston, SC, and her eclectic group of friends. In addition, there is a section at the back of each book featuring recipes from the story and "Tea Time Tips".
This one begins with Theodosia riding in a steeplechase event. Something causes her horse to shy as they take one of the jumps and Theo is thrown from her mount. Not only does that "something" turn out to be a dead body, it's her ex-boyfriend's sister...a local media personality with whom she didn't get along. Things get complicated as Theo sticks her nose in places she shouldn't and ultimately finds her own life in grave danger.
As with most of her Tea Shop Mysteries, Childs does a good job of describing Charleston and the surrounding "low country" areas. I've never visited that part of the US, but I feel like I can visualize it from her writing. If you enjoy light, fast-paced cozies, I recommend this series.

8 comments:
I love this series. Are you aware that the new Sookie Stackhouse book is out? YES!! I got mine Tuesday, but I'm saving it. It was too good a deal to pass up at Amazon. Pre-orders were only $9.00! Happy Reading!! Blessings!
10th installment - thats quite a long series of books. I think my ma-in-law has three (maybe 4) of these books (I don't know if they are 1 to 3 or not). Perhaps I'll borrow them from her.
I used to love reading mystery books. I could see myself getting hooked on a series like that.
Tea shop mysteries? What a lovely concept.
Kelly honey - just dropping by to say hello and to let you know I have posted up your comments. For some reason my silly new blog put them in the wrong basket (um, spam, sorry!) but they are up now (well not all, but the ones I thought you'd like up!)
:-)
Hugs
BB
I've been to Charleston and it is CHARMING!
I'm not familiar with this series.
I can't believe I still haven't read past the first book in this series! I suppose maybe I should try doing that for my own cozy mystery challenge huh? lol
Post a Comment