Saturday, June 5, 2010

Oreo Truffles


Our older daughter's lack of culinary skill has always been a bit of a family joke. For that reason we were all surprised and delighted with one of the dishes she brought for our Christmas Eve celebration this past year. It was delicious and we knew if she had made it, it couldn't be too difficult. Since then, our middle child has made the recipe for a variety of occasions including a bridal shower we hosted this weekend for one of her friends. Commonly referred to as "Oreo balls" around our house, I've tried to class things up a little here by naming them "Oreo truffles"!

Oreo Truffles

1 pkg. Oreo cookies
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

Vanilla Almond Bark
Chocolate Almond Bark

Crush the cookies very finely and mix in a bowl with the cream cheese. Roll by hand into small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to an hour.

Melt the Almond Bark. Dip each Oreo ball into the melted bark and return to the parchment paper. Drizzle with the opposite flavor bark. Store truffles in the refrigerator. Makes approximately 60 - 80 balls depending on size.


Helpful hints: Don't try crushing the cookies in a ziplock bag since the cream filling will stick to the sides. Crush them in a large bowl then add the cream cheese. Bring the cream cheese to room temperature rather than using the "soften" setting on the microwave. Melt the Almond Bark on the stove rather than in the microwave. Finally, use tongs for dipping and a fork for drizzling.

10 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Looking yummy! But I think I'd better stick to my broccoli these days. Sigh!!!!
lol

Felicity Grace Terry said...

As you know I am also a culinary disaster waiting to happen but I think, like your daughter, even I could manage these. She wants to be proud of herself, they look so professional. Tum.

quid said...

OMG. I'll save and make for others at Xmas... I don't dare.

Scrumptious!

quid

Bob said...

Lordy mercy . . . do those look good!

Marion said...

This recipe should be against the law. LOL! It's so beautiful in the photo, too. Blessings!

Jenners said...

You are quite right ... I shouldn't have read this post.

BB said...

Aaaaannnnndd... I just gained three kilos reading this post.

Thanks.
:-)
BB

Karen said...

*swallows*

My mouth is watering! : )

Linda said...

Those look so "fancy" for being so easy! It seems like they would be fun to make as well. Yum....

Shelby said...

They do look naughty, don't they?