I found a version of this recipe online and changed it around to come up with the following:
Salmon Pot-Pie
1 large onion, chopped
minced garlic to taste
3 Tablespoons butter, divided
1-1/4 cups 2% milk
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened, cubed
1 pkg. (12 oz.) mixed vegetables, thawed
1 can (15 oz.) diced potatoes, drained
1 can (14.75 oz.) pink salmon, drained and flaked
salt and pepper to taste
10 sheets phyllo dough (14 in. x 9 in.)
In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add milk; heat over medium heat until bubbles form around side of pan. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vegetables, potatoes, salmon, salt and pepper.
Spray the bottom and sides of a 2-1/2 quart round baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line with half of the phyllo dough. Pour in salmon mixture. Cover with remaining phyllo dough then brush with remaining tablespoon of melted butter. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
We all thought it was good, but agreed that we would prefer it with chicken next time.

minced garlic to taste
3 Tablespoons butter, divided
1-1/4 cups 2% milk
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened, cubed
1 pkg. (12 oz.) mixed vegetables, thawed
1 can (15 oz.) diced potatoes, drained
1 can (14.75 oz.) pink salmon, drained and flaked
salt and pepper to taste
10 sheets phyllo dough (14 in. x 9 in.)
In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add milk; heat over medium heat until bubbles form around side of pan. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vegetables, potatoes, salmon, salt and pepper.
Spray the bottom and sides of a 2-1/2 quart round baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line with half of the phyllo dough. Pour in salmon mixture. Cover with remaining phyllo dough then brush with remaining tablespoon of melted butter. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
We all thought it was good, but agreed that we would prefer it with chicken next time.

8 comments:
You redecorated!! I love the new green look.
You are flat out killing me with these gorgeous, yummy recipes of yours. Now I'm hungry again. Great post!! Blessings!
Looks so delicious! I love salmon! I would love to try this recipe sometime.
hmm...think I'll vote for chicken in my pot pies. I do love that!
Love that pie, it looks like you die for!!
I need to try it out!
Have a great week!
Big hugs,
~B xx
p.s.Thanks so much for your wonderful comments! :)
Love the new look, so fresh and cheerful.
As you know I don't eat meat but sometimes have fish - this dish I'd happily eat, it looks delicious.
Yes, great new look, but still the same prolific and witty Kelly.
Love salmon and love pot pie; never thought of them together . . .
I also love your green make-over. Very optimistic.
Your salmon pot-pie looks delicious (but then chicken is also nice).
Like your new background!!! I feel like I fell into a tree!
And I could see this working for my family ... but NOT with salmon. It would have to be chicken.
Post a Comment