Monday, June 27, 2011

Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich



The "Stephanie Plum" series by Janet Evanovich is formulaic, prone to ridiculously unbelievable situations, and probably needs to be brought to an end.  That said, I still found myself laughing out loud in parts as I read the latest paperback installment, Sizzling Sixteen.  It's filled with the usual (and that's part of the problem...it's so much of the "same ole") antics from Stephanie, Lula, Connie, Vinnie, and Grandma Mazur along with the usual tension and indecision concerning Morrelli and Ranger.  The premise for this one?  Vinnie is kidnapped for ransom over some major gambling debts.  Add in stink bombs, a guard alligator, cows, Hobbits, Moon Man's special brownies... wait.  I don't want to give away the entire book!

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'm sure I'll read her latest (Smokin' Seventeen) when it comes out in paperback.  Oh, and according to IMDb the Stephanie Plum movie that was due out this month is now set for release in January 2012.


This book completed the What's In A Name 4 Challenge (book with a number in the title) and the Cozy Mystery Challenge for me. 

3 comments:

Dorte H said...

Ah, thank you for NOT tempting me. I am slowly winning over my stubborn TBR, and in a month or two I may be able to shop a little again, but I won´t put this one on the list.

Marion said...

I laugh my way through all of Evanovich's books. They never disappoint me.

xoxo,
Marion

Kelly said...

Dorte - I never seem to make a significant dent in my TBR pile.

Marion - Oh, I still laughed plenty when I read it. I guess I just wish she'd do a little something different.