Monday, June 13, 2011

Finger Lickin' Dead by Riley Adams



This is the third book I've read by Elizabeth Spann Craig and the second written under her pen name, Riley Adams. 

Finger Lickin Dead by Riley Adams is the second in the "Memphis BBQ Mystery" series and it was a real treat to once again visit Lulu and her quirky gang at Aunt Pat's BBQ on Beale Street.  This time around there is a vicious restaurant critic on the loose in Memphis.  It's bad enough that "Eppie Currian" turns out to be Evelyn's unfaithful ex-husband/current boyfriend, but then he turns up dead!  Of course there's no shortage of suspects and Lulu (assisted by her granddaughter Ella Beth) decides to get to the bottom of things. This was an entertaining mystery and I look forward to more adventures with Lulu!   

Considering the best pulled pork BBQ recipe ever came from the back of the first Memphis BBQ Mystery, I was thrilled to see more recipes in the back of this one.  Despite my current efforts to shed (quite) a few pounds, there are a couple of recipes I'm going to have to try!


This is my seventh book for the Cozy Mystery Challenge so I've technically met the requirement.  However, I picked out nine books when I signed up and plan to read all of them before I consider the challenge completed. 

5 comments:

Dorte H said...

You must ask Elizabeth to include a diet in her next book ;)

You have made me look forward to her story even more than before, but I am participating in her competition for a free, signed copy so I won´t buy it until I have seen that I didn´t win it.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Sounds good even if I did read the authors name as Spamm instead of Spann. Good luck with the rest of the challenge.

Pam said...

A book that really does sound yummy! :)

Full-On-Forward said...

LOVE pulled Pork--we do er right in SC too- but that TITLE is awesome!!!

J

quid said...

Love the name of this book, and you get two things at once... mystery and recipes!

quid