Monday, May 30, 2011

iPod Roulette - May 2011

This month I went back to using my full-sized iPod (as opposed to the iPod on my phone) for roulette.  I'm not sure this is a very good cross-section of those 3752 songs. 

No commentary from me on these - I'll leave that to you.  Anything here ring a bell or spark a memory for you?

1.    In a Lifetime (Clannad, feat. Bono)

2.    Get Off My Cloud (The Rolling Stones)

3.    Kiss You All Over (Exile)


4.    Bach: French Suite #2 in C Minor, BWV 813 - Allemande (Glenn Gould)

5.    I Got You - I Feel Good (James Brown)

6.    Shoot the Loop (Acoustic Alchemy)

7.    Sally Simpson - Tommy (The Who)

8.    Hope You're Feeling Better (Santana)

9.    Poetry Man (Phoebe Snow)

10.  All the World (Point of Grace)

11.  Shambala (Three Dog Night)

12.  Blinded by the Light (Manfred Mann's Earth Band)

13.  More Than It Seems (Kutless)

14.  Ravel: La Valse (London Symphony Orchestra)

15.  Redeemer (Nicole C. Mullen)

16 comments:

Mike said...

Rolling Stones...always good. In High School I knew the words to most of the songs from Tommy. Santana...music spanning the 60s to the 00s. I like other songs from Manfred Mann (Do Wah Ditty) and Three Dog Night.

Full-On-Forward said...

Those are all GREAT MOVIES!!!!

;-)

J

Kelly said...

Mike - Tommy is one of those albums I don't always recognize the title of the song, but I know it when I hear it. You know, I still have your copy of the album. Guess it's mine now. :)

John - uhhhh, movies? ;)

LL Cool Joe said...

Sorry I'm cracking up at John's comment. :D

I only really relate to one song, now can you guess which one? ;)

quid said...

Poetry Man... haven't revisited that one in so long!

My 2nd favorite RS..."Get Off of My Cloud"... (Wild Horses comes in first).

quid

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh....I can't get past the "Hey you...get off my clou-ou-d." Boy howdy, that brings back lots of memories.

Thanks for visiting with me this past weekend. I always enjoy your company.

Red and Pink Amaryllis

Felicity Grace Terry said...

oh dear, we may have similar tastes in books but certainly not in music - I've only heard of three of these, numbers 2 and 5.

Kelly said...

Joey - I like to think I've gotten to know you fairly well from reading your blog, but I'm kinda stumped. Nothing from what I think you currently listen to here (tho I do think I have some in my iTunes) and I don't think you're into some of the other genres represented. Hmmmm.... is it the James Brown song??

Quid - and Phobe Snow just died not long ago.

Anni - I always liked the Beatles better than the Stones in my youth and have only grown to appreciate more of the RS songs in recent years.

Tracy - Well, we might agree more on books than music, but I do know that I have SOME stuff in my iTunes that you like. (Meat Loaf, for example) There really isn't much music that I DISlike.

LL Cool Joe said...

Yes!! Well done! James Brown it is! You do know me well. ;)

Kelly said...

Joey - Yay! I got it right!

Pam said...

Hard to go wrong with The Who or the Stones. Makes me want to fire up some of my Queen clips!

Betty Manousos said...

2, 8, 14, 15, especially love these.

big hugs,

betty xx

Marion said...

My favorite is "Poetry Man". She recently died and I heard that song again for the first time in years.

Love & Blessings,
Marion

Kelly said...

Pamel - I do have lots of Queen in my collection.

Betty - Good choices! I've grown especially fond of Santana in recent years.

Marion - I thought it was interesting that Poetry Man popped up this time around considering her recent death.

Full-On-Forward said...

LOL--SONGS!!!!!! Esp #11--saw them as my FIRST EVER concert in Tampa Fl- in 19 and 70!!!!!!

Yes I'm OLD!


J

Kelly said...

John - That makes two of us!