Friday, May 13, 2011

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris


I originally began the Charlaine Harris "Sookie Stackhouse" vampire books because they take place in my part of the world and often mention places with which I'm quite familiar. I met Harris at a book signing in her hometown and she spoke at an event I attended in my own community.

Several of my family members read the series, so we pre-ordered it from Amazon and it arrived last week, right on schedule. I took a break from my challenge reading and jumped right in. Dead Reckoning is the eleventh book in the series and I'm afraid it's getting a little stale. In addition, there seem to be several continuity problems with earlier books. Don't get me wrong...it's still fun, entertaining, mindless reading, but it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I plan to keep on with the series because Harris promised she would wrap it up within a set number of books, but I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next one to come out.

1 comment:

Jenners said...

I still haven't read past the second book. For some reason, the series just didn't grab me as much as I expected. Sorry to hear this was a bit disappointing. It may be that the series went on too long.