On a recent visit with my daughter we had lunch at a great little bistro. Following our meal, we decided to walk to a coffee shop several blocks away. It was on the return walk back to the car that my daughter suddenly said,
"I think that's my sock!"
Confused, I looked around and spotted a single sock lying on the sidewalk several feet ahead of us. I laughed, mentally trying to figure out how her sock could have come off her foot without her knowledge. Then she said,
"Seriously. I think that's my sock. I kept feeling something inside the leg of my jeans while we were eating lunch and I think it was that sock. It must have fallen out when we were walking to the coffee shop."
Not sure what to say at that point I questioned why she didn't pick it up. Her response?
"Well, I'm only 95% sure it's mine!"
Several days later she told me she had since then folded and put away all the laundry she'd done that day..... minus one sock.

9 comments:
I laughed out loud again!!! I can just see you two, and I can hear her say it was her sock!!!!
This is almost one of those funny skits you see on tv!!!!
If I had been there I would have HOOTED!!!!
I can see us now.....circling the fallen sock... "to claim or not to claim, that is the decision" LOL!!!!
Gotta love 'em. From the day they are born, they keep us laughing. But only 95% sure?????
It probably got inside the pantleg during laundry. I once had that happen with a pair of underwear and jeans. I was walking around and looked down and saw a pair of underwear hanging out the bottom of my jeans. I reached down and pulled them out. Instead of being embarrassed to death, I should have brandished them high above my head and said loudly, "TA DA!!!!!" and everyone would have thought that it was a magic trick and that I was the best magician ever.
This is the funniest story! Well, maybe #2 after Debbie's revelation.
quid
Great story! Love Debby's magic trick!!
The story of the lost sock :D
Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Bet it's in the Washer from Heck- one sock eating space!
J
I'm glad y'all enjoyed the humor in this story, too. I was hoping my telling of it wouldn't end up being one of those "you had to be there" situations!
I, too, am impressed with Debby's "magic trick"! ahahahha!!
I thought you meant the sock she was wearing!! I thought: "Can't she just look down to see?" I could totally see a sock getting caught in your pants though! Too funny.
Post a Comment