Making my way through the ups and downs of life, holding fast to my favorite Bible verse: "For we walk by faith, not by sight." ~2 Corinthians 5:7.
I began blogging in earnest at Yahoo360 on October 24, 2005. (briefly using LiveJournal and blog-city prior to that) In June 2008 I moved to Blogger. I'm now at WordPress where I hope to remain.
Love your doggie shadow shot for the day, Kelly!! And, yes, animals are very good at finding shade!! Thanks for visiting my blog. The shadow that you were curious about is one of a dog treat jar that my sons girlfriend make our our dogs. There is a pottery bone handle on the top of the lid. When I saw the shadow it made, it reminded me of ears and I couldn't resist!! Ah, we do have fun playing with the camera!!!
C as a CF - yes, they were from a litter of 12 dumped near our home the day after Christmas a few years ago. I'd send you some warm weather if I could.
Jenners - They followed me right in so they didn't get too hot. They're not as tough as our outside dogs!
Joey - Actually, I do remember you saying that once on your blog. If you ever came to visit me I would totally respect that fact, too.
There is something delightful to see sparky dogs. And when you know that you have helped to cause the lightness of being for them, it's only better, eh.
19 comments:
Great photo. I love that you so often choose dogs as your subjects. They're lovely animals.
Have a good week, Boonie
Such a funny photo because the black dog almost disappears in the shades :D
Purrrr fect--wait--My Bad, but a Beautiful Shot!
J
Beautiful shadow shot!
Hearty Shadow, have a blessed Sunday!
Animals can find the smallest spots of shade! Great shot.
Love your doggie shadow shot for the day, Kelly!! And, yes, animals are very good at finding shade!! Thanks for visiting my blog. The shadow that you were curious about is one of a dog treat jar that my sons girlfriend make our our dogs. There is a pottery bone handle on the top of the lid. When I saw the shadow it made, it reminded me of ears and I couldn't resist!! Ah, we do have fun playing with the camera!!!
Have a wonderful week!
Sylvia
Boonie - Trust me, I have to use restraint not to bore y'all with way more dog photos than I do!!
Dorte - I always find Alice harder to photograph than Mabel just because she IS darker. Lighting for one is seldom good for the other.
John - These two are house dogs (unlike my other four), so they've never encountered a cat. I'm not sure what they'd think!
Chubskulit, Joan - Thanks for the compliment!
Sylvia - Thanks for answering my question. Not that you tell me what it is, I can see it!
Aww are these your doggies? I know they are seeking shelter from the heat. Could you send some of that heat this way? It's been a long winter!
Thanks for visiting my crazy blog and commenting. It's much appreciated!
They look like they need a bit more shadow to cool off.
Have I ever mentioned I'm scared of dogs? Don't laugh!
C as a CF - yes, they were from a litter of 12 dumped near our home the day after Christmas a few years ago. I'd send you some warm weather if I could.
Jenners - They followed me right in so they didn't get too hot. They're not as tough as our outside dogs!
Joey - Actually, I do remember you saying that once on your blog. If you ever came to visit me I would totally respect that fact, too.
Oh how adorable they are! And they sure have the right idea. Looks like a good spot to hang out :)
There is something delightful to see sparky dogs. And when you know that you have helped to cause the lightness of being for them, it's only better, eh.
Great Shadow Shot of the dogs, but I'm thinking they'd appreciate a larger shade tree.
Its the expression on the tan dogs face that I love. "Yes?" they seem to be asking.
Harriet - It's good as long as they don't decide to dig!
Vince - I do miss my Rottweilers and hope to have another, but it's nice knowing all 6 I have now are rescues.
Marvin - They have another bigger bush that provides more shade. I think they knew I was just wanting a pose for this.
Tracy - I think she was asking "yes" as in "yes, we've posed...can we come inside now?"!
They hide in shadow,
Dark spirits, bright idea:
Two dogs in camouflage.
Cheers!
JzB
JzB - There are times when I go to call them in that they stand so still I have trouble finding them in the yard!
Cute pic of my girls. They actually look alike in this one!!
Love you. :)
Post a Comment