Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday #16




Hosted by Hey Harriet
(click above image for more photos)




One star, three shadows.







19 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very clever photo. Well captured.
By the way, it might interest you to know that the Thai word for three shadows cast by the same object is a "triplow".

Have a nice day, Boonie

Kelly said...

Now Boonie, you must be pulling my leg with that one!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautifully captured!

The shadow Shines Through

Betty Manousos said...

wow Kelly that is so beautiful.
lovely shadows.

have a great remainder of the weekend and stay warm!

big hugs
betty xx

Dorte H said...

One picture, three stars :D

Inspired by you, I took some pictues with snow and shadows the other day (for Thy´s Day).

Pam said...

That's an interesting one!

Kelly said...

Dorte - looking forward to your next Thy's Day! (you should link to SSS the following Sunday, just mention Hey Harriet)

Unknown said...

Oh! Thanks for coming by:)
Finally I figured out how to correct it for this recent post but the tab just won't come back in the older post:(

Yeah, Ginger LOVES water and so does Buddy, true labradog style:)
Shadow is growing up believing he is a yellow lab too and treats life in the manner of an honourary labrador!!!


I love your Shadow shot:)
That is very nicely done. Did u use 3 different sources of light?

Kelly said...

Aksharaa - I'm still not sure how there ended up being 3 shadows. I just happened to notice it!

Dimple said...

Good capture here...

Lighthousegal said...

GREAT Shadow Shot!!! Love how the star is casting three shadows while looking like it is just hanging in thin air attached to nothing!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Amazing photo! A three-fer!


A PARFAIT DAY

A seeker of shadows one day
Did trip as she went on her way;
She picked herself up
And dipped from a cup
Of shadowy lemon parfait!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadowy Memories

quid said...

Very subtle. I liked this a lot!

quid

Marvin said...

Three shadows plus great shading shadows on the star itself. Great work!

forgetmenot said...

Very clever. Isn't it fun to do these!!!! And to look at everyone else's too.

Hey Harriet said...

Oooh a trick shot! That's great! And I love how even the star itself is in half shadow! Have a great week :)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

A great shadow snap - I love that the shadows look like three traditional christmas tree decorations.

Jenners said...

That is neat!! And you must keep your eyes open for shadows all the time, huh?

Kathe W. said...

another great shadow shot! well captured!