
There are some books that fall into the "comfort food of reading" category. You know the type. Light, easy reading, yet not totally mindless. Books that leave you warm and satisfied at the end.
Neta Jackson's "Yada Yada Prayer Group" series falls into that category. The original series contains seven titles and follows the ups and downs of a diverse group of women in the Chicago area. Thrown together into a prayer group at a Christian Women's Conference, they decide to continue meeting and praying together on a regular basis after the conference ends. I love the interactions between the women and their families, both good and bad, as they struggle and rejoice in life's offerings.
Who Do I Lean On? is the third novel in her second series called the "House of Hope" novels. They take place in Chicago, too, with a new set of central characters, yet continue to draw from the original series allowing you see the original characters in a different light. There will be one more book in this series and I'm really looking forward to it! In the meantime, Dave Jackson (Neta's husband) has a second "Harry Bentley" book coming out soon. Dealing with the same characters, they are written parallel to the House of Hope books, but from a man's point of view.
Neta Jackson's "Yada Yada Prayer Group" series falls into that category. The original series contains seven titles and follows the ups and downs of a diverse group of women in the Chicago area. Thrown together into a prayer group at a Christian Women's Conference, they decide to continue meeting and praying together on a regular basis after the conference ends. I love the interactions between the women and their families, both good and bad, as they struggle and rejoice in life's offerings.
Who Do I Lean On? is the third novel in her second series called the "House of Hope" novels. They take place in Chicago, too, with a new set of central characters, yet continue to draw from the original series allowing you see the original characters in a different light. There will be one more book in this series and I'm really looking forward to it! In the meantime, Dave Jackson (Neta's husband) has a second "Harry Bentley" book coming out soon. Dealing with the same characters, they are written parallel to the House of Hope books, but from a man's point of view.
Does it sound confusing? It's really not. Just click here for more information about these "comfort food books" from Dave and Neta Jackson.

6 comments:
I like a good "comfort book" read every so often. Sounds like she has a lot of books to offer her readers.
This sounds wonderful Kelly....
quid
This one sounds like a great read!
Big hugs,
B xx
I like comfort books at times. This one sounds interesting.
It sounds good, Kelly. I have a few of the original series and I really enjoyed them. I have a book to send you next week. Be on the lookout. ;-) Love & Blessings!
Oh boy! I'll be watching!! Thanks, Marion!
Oh...and I don't know if you looked back at the comments from my RIP post, but I'm seriously considering reading The Historian as part of that challenge.
Post a Comment