Monday, September 27, 2010

Fair Tax

I normally stay away from political posts, but I came across an editorial I thought was interesting and felt was worth sharing. I'm not a Mike Huckabee fan. I didn't particularly care for him when he was Governor of Arkansas or when he ran for president in 2008. But the editorial he recently contributed to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette made sense to me.



Feel free to leave comments with your thoughts, but keep in mind I'm not a debater and will probably not attempt to counter your opinions if they differ from mine.

4 comments:

Marion said...

It's an interesting, informative article.

I can't ever see big government letting people keep their own paychecks. I used to do payroll for a medium sized company and the payroll tax (along with state, federal, city, etc.) was obscenely large. Had I invested the amount of money that was held out for Social Secuity alone in my lifetime, I wouldn't now be living well below the poverty level. Thanks for sharing this. Blessings!

Pam said...

I'm not a Huckabee fan either, but, I do tend to favor this idea. I've always thought some version of a flat tax would be better than the nightmare we currently deal with.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Not a huge political person either and as you would probably expect a lot of this article meant very little to me - what I would say is I agree that many people get on the bandwagon about these things claiming to have a huge insight when in fact they don't. Thanks for being honest enough to admit, that like me, you are not a great debator and therefore won't be drawn into any political arguements.

Betty Manousos said...

I am like you...I use to stay away from political posts and don't like to counter opinions if they differ from mine either.
Thanks for your great thoughts/perspective.

B xx