Friday, August 20, 2010

My life (so far) in books this year

Dorte had a fun entry on her blog yesterday and encouraged others to join in so I thought I'd give it a try. She mostly reads crime fiction, but I had to stick with a broader selection. If you decide to play, please come back and leave a link to your post in the comments! Here's what I came up with to answer the questions:



In high school I was: The Girl Who Played With Fire (Stieg Larsson)

People might be surprised I'm: Infected (Scott Sigler)

I will never be: Contagious (Scott Sigler)

My fantasy job is: Queen Victoria Demon Hunter (A.E. Moorat)

At the end of a long day I need: Tea Time for the Traditionally Built (Alexander McCall Smith)

I hate it when: Your Heart Belongs To Me (Dean Koontz)

Wish I had: Revelation (C.J. Sansom)

My family reunions are: Relentless (Dean Koontz)

At a party you'd find me with: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Stieg Larsson)

I've never been to: The Road (Cormac McCarthy)

A happy day includes: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Alan Bradley)

Motto I live by: Listen (Rene Gutteridge)

On my bucket list: Beat the Reaper (Josh Bazell)

In my next life, I want to be: Delicious and Suspicious (Riley Adams)*


*I'm still reading this one, but used it anyway.


update: Marion and Pam have left their lists in the comments. Click here to see Tracy's post and here for Cathy's.

10 comments:

Dorte H said...

Oh my, these are absolutely wonderful!

I am so glad you played along. I have added a link to your answers under my post.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

It's great how you have worked all these books into the post. Sounds like fun, I may well join in.

Marion said...

In high school I was: "The Girl Who Chased the Moon" by Sarah Allen

People might be surprised I'm: "Dancing With Dragonflies" by Jack Gorfien

I'll never be: "Little Miss Sunshine" (DVD)

My fantasy job: "Fancy Nancy: Poet Extraordinaire" by Nancy O'Connor

At the end of a long day I need: "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett

I hate it when: "Karma Bites" by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas

Wish I had: "The History of Love" by Nicole Kraus

My Family reunions are: "The Wilde Women" by Paula Wall

At a party you'd find me with: "The Third Angel" by Alice Hoffman

I've never been to: "The Flamenco Academy" by Sarah Bird

A happy day includes: "Saving Cicadas" by Nicole A. Seitz

Motto I live by: "Staying Alive: Real Poems for Unreal Times" edited by Neil Astley

On my bucket list: "One Amazing Thing" by Chitra Divakaruni

In my next life, I want to be: "Pole Dancing to Gospel Hymns" by Andrea Gibson

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Some more great answers Marion. I'll post mine Sunday.

Pam said...

Got to go to "Meet the teacher" at Sam's school but will do this later. Since my reading was limited I think I'll use books from my life or at least the past few years and currently. :)

Kelly said...

Dorte - thanks for providing the link to mine on your blog!

Marion - I love your answers! I knew you'd come up with some good ones.

Tracy - I look forward to seeing yours. Come back and add the link here on Sunday!

Pam - Bet you can come up with some good ones, too!

Pam said...

In high school I was "the Wild Child" by T.C. Boyle

People might be surprised I'm "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger

I'll never be "The Bolter" by Frances Osborne

My fantasy job would be "On Chesil Beach" by Ian McEwan

At the end of a long day I need "Kings of the Earth" by Jon Clinch

I hate it when I'm "Obsessed". by Ted Dekker

Wish I had "The Devine Life of Animals" by Ptolemy Tompkins

My family reunions are "Tabloid News" by John Leax

At a party you'd find me with "Fancy Beasts" by Alex Lemon

I've never been to "The Promised World" by Lisa Tucker

A happy day inclues "No Time to Say Goodbye" by Jacquelyn Mitchard

Motto I live by: "Sinners Welcome" by Mary Karr

On my bucket list: "The Possibility of Everything" by Hope Edelman

Most of these I've read. Some are in my to-read pile.

Cathy said...

Found my way here from DJ's blog, and I'm glad I did. You have some wonderful answers!

Jenners said...

These were so so fun!!! I'll have to try this when I'm not in the mood to write a book review but need a post! (Or get caught up on my book reviews! HAHA!)

Kelly said...

Pamel - Enjoyed your answers, Sis!

Cathy - Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I'm glad Dorte shared this... it was a lot of fun.

Jenners - You definitely need to do this at some point. With all you read I know it will be hilarious!