Thursday, August 26, 2010

Are you curious?

After reading yesterday's entry, those of you who follow my blog closely might be asking this question:

"If you and your husband just celebrated your 25th wedding anniversary, then how is it you have a 30 year old daughter?"


Good question and one easily answered. When we married, it was a package deal with his daughter as an added bonus. My husband had custody, so she spent the majority of her "growing up" in our home. I helped raise her, dealt with her teenage years, put up with the bad as well as the good. I love her and she loves me. So, by golly, I'm gonna claim her as my own! Only when technicalities are necessary do I refer to her as my "step".

There. Does that clear things up?

8 comments:

Marion said...

Kelly, it never even crossed my mind. You are so sweet. I'd have said, It's nun-ya beeswax! LOL!

Ray asked me what bi-curious meant yesterday. (He was reading a novel). I told him it's when a cat falls in love with 2 dogs. LOL! Sorry, but your title made me think of it. Blessings!

Bob said...

Of course I already knew this. What a blessing your older daughter received when her dad married you! You are a great mom!

Pam said...

I'm still confused...... :)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Like Marion, it never crossed my mind but then I never was any good at maths so it probably didn't even register.

So lucky to have you, I'm sure that you are a wonderful mom to all your children.

Jen said...

It's wonderful you have such a good relationship. It takes more than biology to be a good mother. She's yours. Period.

Betty Manousos said...

Kelly, I think you are just the perfect mom to your children!

They are very lucky to have you as a mom and you're so lucky to have them as kids. And of course it never crossed my mind, like the others said.
Big hugs,

B xx

Jenners said...

I think she is lucky to have a mom like you!

Jenny said...

I loved hearing about "the package deal." My 3 and I were a package deal many years ago. And what a blessing life is today!