Monday, August 30, 2010

Healing

A few of my readers contacted me in concern after seeing Mama Dog's nose in a recent entry. To set your minds at ease, here is a picture I took at the end of last week. As you can see, her nose is healing nicely. Sure, she'll be left with a good scar, but she's a pretty tough old girl.

11 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Animals have an amazing ability to heal.

Pam said...

Good to see!!! Remember the scars R2 had on his face most of his life from running the perimeter of the fence in and out of the shrubs?

She has such a sweet face! Puppy kisses for Mama dog!!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Glad to see that she has healed so well, the scar adds character I think.

Dorte H said...

As Tracy says, scars add characters - well, that is also what my mother said to me and what I say to my daughters when they run into one of life´s minor disasters :D

Marion said...

I'm so happy she's all better. Our Cody has a big nose scar from when he first met Ramone (my now-deceased 20 year old cat). Ramone had no love for dogs. LOL! Great photo. Love & Blessings!

Jenners said...

That does look much better!

quid said...

I, too, have an imperfect nose, Mama Dog. Adds character. The scar reminds me of my uncle's dog, Pal, who chased a porcupine and got about 200 quills in his nose. After uncle took them out with pliers, Pal had crisscrossing lines of scars on nose, forevermore.

Pal was none too bright.

quid

Jen said...

It doesn't look like the scar will be too bad. She looks happy, too.

Debby said...

Mama Dog understands the great truth of life...that we all have run-ins with something that leave their mark...but we go on living, joyfully as we can. Look at that smile!

PS A woman came in the store. Here is a treat she makes for her dogs in hot weather. She duct tapes the bottom of a kong, and she fills it with beef broth. She puts a tray of them in her freezer, and gives them to her outside dogs on hot days to keep them entertained when she's not around. She calls them pupsicles.

Betty Manousos said...

Aww glad to see that she has healed so well.
I'm a dog person.

Thanks for your lovely comments!
Always great to hear from you1

Big hugs,
B xx

Kelly said...

I'm sure Mama Dog would appreciate all your comments here. I especially liked the notion of her scar giving her "character". She would probably prefer the pupsicle that Debby described. Good idea!