Sunday, April 24, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday #25

Wasp Catcher




Shadow Shot Sunday
Hosted by Hey Harriet

17 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

My favourite yet, partly because of the subject matter, I love that green glass, and partly because of the shadow cast.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I've ever seen a wasp catcher before, or didn't recognize it if I did... nice shadow shot :)

Anonymous said...

This is what we need!

Pam said...

Never heard of a wasp catcher. I do love the photo!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

What do you do with the wasps once you've caught them? Dare I ask?

EVEN IN SHADOW

Even in shadow, where there is no light,
One may take comfort and one may delight
That darkness has lost its power to thrall
Those who are living on this earthly ball.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Three Companions in Shadow

Dorte H said...

I also love the green glass and the shadow!

Happy Easter!

Betty Manousos said...

the green glass is lovely!
I love it!

Happy Easter!
Big hugs!
B xx

Dimple said...

I am familiar with the yellow plastic wasp catchers, but haven't seen this style before. It looks something like a street lamp, especially in the shadow!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Great shadow shot. I have a big tabletop fly/wasp catcher,though I don't think I have ever caught anything in it!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shadow!

<a href="http://www.sailorsmusings.com/2011/04/rake-shadow.html</a>, hope you can come and see. Have a good week ahead!

BLOGitse said...

Never seen wasp catcher like this...Great shadow shot! :)
We've had a beautiful spring weekend here in Finland.
Have a good week ahead!

Hey Harriet said...

That is so what I need! I never knew such a thing existed. Great photo too! Have a great week :)

Molly said...

That is such a good shot, Kelly. do you have to put jam and water in the bottle to catch them. We suspend jam jars from the fruit trees when the wasps are about!

Kelly said...

Thanks for all the comments. Sounds like many of you have had some experience with wasp catchers.

For this one, you're supposed to put a little apple juice in it. When the wasp (attracted to the sweetness) finds its way in, it gets trapped and dies. To be honest, though, I've rarely used it for its intended purpose, so it's more for decoration. My dogs are bad about knocking it over (the little glass wasp on the lid is broken).

Full-On-Forward said...

NOW THIS IS AWESOME!!! And I mean AWESOME!!!!!


J

Anonymous said...

Cool photo. I was stung 3 times when I inadvertently disturbed a small nest of wasps last week. We often get nests in our garden. By the way, their bravery cost them their lives….

Have a good day, Boonie

Kelly said...

Glad you like it, John!

Boonie - I know they really had to bug you for you to take their lives!