Sometimes there are things in real life that aren't very cute, but when made "plush" seem entirely different. A good example of this can be found in a recent post by Cruella. In the real world, slugs totally gross me out! However, I thought "Sluggy" was just too cute for words!
Reading about Sluggy got me to thinking about my cockroach. Many, many years ago my sister gave me a cockroach hand-puppet. His six legs are designed to accomodate either a right or left hand and his wings are made from leather.
Isn't he a fine looking fellow?!?
Reading about Sluggy got me to thinking about my cockroach. Many, many years ago my sister gave me a cockroach hand-puppet. His six legs are designed to accomodate either a right or left hand and his wings are made from leather.
Isn't he a fine looking fellow?!?

18 comments:
Ok I have admit the plush slug was cute, but your cockroach still creeps me out a bit! :D I'm not sure I'd want it on my bed!
Aww, Joey... I think you hurt his feelings! :)
Ok, ok, he's kinda sweet. :D
Ha! Yep in real life a cockroach is truly gross///but as hand puppet quite adorable!
Roachie!!(Can't call him by his first name) I'd forgotten about him.
Although REAL roaches are on my "scared-of" list, roachie is cute.
He could share my bed anytime.On second thought, if I woke up in the night and saw him on my pillow I might wet the bed!
Even as a plushy puppet, he still makes me say "ewwww".
lol
Kelly,
He is precious (and I have
also read Cruella's affectionate
and humorous post).
But I would rather not meet
a real cockroach.
Raven
Funny how any animal can appear cute in stuffed form!
Haha, he is adorable! Thanks for the plug - Sluggie is very happy that you are helping him achieve world fame (a slug can dream, right?), and he wishes he could travel to visit his new friend here. At slug speed, though, it might take a while...
And I agree, by the way - gross things in plush can be surprisingly cute! :)
EGW, Raven, Jenners - Yep, I think he made the transition from gross to cute pretty well.
Pamel - I think he's insulted that you forgot about him!
WhiteStone - Oh, well... I guess he can't charm everyone. :)
Cruella - I'm glad Sluggie is pleased. My cockroach would try to fly and meet him halfway, but he's afraid someone might swat him enroute. They'll just have to dream.
And I thought you made things cuter by making them smaller! :D
Dorte - Can you imagine the terror of seeing a real cockroach this size?!!
that looks cute, but in real life...i don't think so.
have a great weekend!
betty xx
Yes, he is a fine looking fellow. Whereabouts exactly do you put your hand?
All the best, Boonie
Betty - I agree about the real-life part!
Boonie - I knew I could count on you to share my fondness for him.
There is a 6-fingered glove attached under his body. When wearing it, his body rests on top of your hand and your fingers (plus one empty slot unless you actually have 6 fingers!) appear to be his legs. It's quite fun to play with (and scare people with).
I am SO sorry Kelly, but I think he's creepy! Fluffy stuffy or not. Out of all the really gross creatures on earth, the cockroach has to be the most disgusting. They not only give me the willies, but they scare me to the point of screaming and almost fainting. (And I am really a very tomboyish woman!) I would probably get the willies if I saw your puppet too. Argggghhhhhh!!!
That's okay, Cassie. I can't expect everyone to think he's cute.
Love this puppet!
quid
Post a Comment