
Can you believe I'm signing up for another reading challenge?!
I saw this challenge on several blogs this year and when Dorte mentioned it I knew I had to join in. Hosted by Beth Fish, the What's in a Name 4 challenge runs for the entire year and requires reading one book in each of the following categories:
1. A book with a number in the title.
2. A book with jewelry or a gem in the title.
3. A book with a size in the title.
4. A book with travel or movement in the title.
5. A book with evil in the title.
6. A book with a life stage in the title.
I know I said in an earlier post that I don't like speculating on my choices too much, but on this one I think I already know some of the books I'll read.
1. Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
2. Possibly Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier (I've read and enjoyed other Chevalier books )
3.
4. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
5.
6. Being Dead is No Excuse by Gayden Metcalfe and Charlotte Hays (Bob has been telling me to read this for years and you can't deny "being dead" is a life stage!)
I'm open to suggestions for my two blanks (and #2).
Unless some of the books overlap, I've now committed myself to 20 books for 2011. Plus, I want to do a couple of challenges again that don't come up until later in the year. Then there are always books that don't fall into a challenge, not to mention magazines. Looks like I'm gonna have to really focus on reading!

11 comments:
Wow! You're a reading machine, Sis!! Way to go!
I'll be doing well if I read one book a year! :D
I'll have to think about those two blanks. I'm impressed, Kelly. Ray's been reading more than me lately. I've been in a funk, not reading much. 'Tis the season.
Love & Blessings,
Marion
Pamel - Well, that remains to be seen.
Joey - You remind me of my brother. He told me last month he'd actually read two books. The first two I can remember him reading in years!
Marion - I bet you can come up with some suggestions. I don't think it actually has to have the word "evil" in it... just the concept. So, I may have some already in my TBR pile for that. I just haven't looked closely enough. I'm drawing a blank on #3, though.
Wow I'm so impressed, Kelly.
I feel so sorry for myself...not reading much lately.
I hope all's well in your neck of the woods!
and thanks so much for your lovely comments!
Lots of love
B xx
Betty - it's so nice to have you blogging again. Your London pictures were wonderful!
I'm so tempted to join you in this challenge. I'm tryng so hard to remember the book I read with a number in the title - it had 2 1/2 in it and was written by the author of the ladies detective agency books.
I'm glad you said that, Tracy. I'm not sure which book you're referring to, but I was thinking of using "The Double Comfort Safari Club" (No. 1Ladies' Detective Agency) as an African book for the Global Challenge (Botswana). It could also count as my size book for this one (double)!
I love this challenge ... not too many books and it is like a treasure hunt to find the books to fit. I'm going to do it too.
Jenners - Glad you're joining in, too!
Kelly,
Like Marion, I will think about suggestions for your two blanks.
As for this reading challenge, I am impressed too.
Raven
Post a Comment