Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July iPod Roulette


If iPod Roulette is new to any of my readers, you can click on this entry at Hal's to see what it's all about. My good intentions of playing monthly have obviously fallen short. I came up with a fairly diverse group of songs this time, but it still leaves out several genres.

So tell me.... would any of these show up on your playlist?

1. Sing, Sing, Sing (Benny Goodman) - my parents loved swing music and I listened to enough of it as a child to develop somewhat of an affection for it myself.

2. Fugue (Pachelbel) - From "Canon & Suites for Strings" performed by the Paillard Chamber Orchestra.

3. Hacia Belen (The Priests) - More classical music, but with vocals this time.

4. Stompin' at the Savoy (Harry Connick, Jr.) - From the soundtrack to "When Harry Met Sally"

5. Jaws (David Sanborn) - No, not the great white shark. Think jazz.

6, Catherine Howard (Rick Wakeman) - This is possibly my favorite selection from the "Six Wives of Henry VIII" album.

7. Billy's Got His Beer Goggles On (Neal McCoy) - I don't claim this one. It was downloaded at someone else's request. The sad thing is that I can sing along with it.

8. Lies (Glen Hansard) - Another soundtrack....this one from the movie "Once". Better known might be the song "Falling Slowly".

9. Let it Be (Beatles) - Does this one really need any explanation?

10. Paradise (Out of Eden) - Kind of a cross between Contemporary Christian and R&B.

11. Psalm 121 (Susan Ashton) - Praise & Worship, as you might gather from the title.

12. There'll Be Sad Songs (Billy Ocean) - I had forgotten that his "Caribbean Queen" wasn't a one-hit wonder.

13. French Suite #1 in D Minor, BWV 812-5. Menuet 2 (Glenn Gould) - I first became aware of Glenn Gould when I was a teenager studying piano.

14. Home is Not a House (Candy Dulfer) - Jazz saxophone. I really like her version of "Lily Was Here".

15. Wrapped Around Your Finger (The Police) - From their last album "Synchronicity". My favorite album was "Zenyatta Mondatta".


5 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

Great music choices, Kelly!
Thanks for your lovely comments!.
Allways GREAT to hera from you!
Have a wonderful day!
Big hugs!
B xx

Marion said...

'Let It Be' would be on my Ipod. None of the others. One of these days I'm gonna get me and Ipod. LOL! I do have an MP3 player. It has all women singers, plus T. S. Eliot reading from "The Wasteland" and Anais Nin reading from one of her diaries. Great post!!! Blessings!

Pam said...

I can't say that any of your choices this time would be mine.

Lately, I've been listening to Gaga, Usher, Kings of Leon, etc.

When it's classical I'm always up for Wagner.

Jen said...

Let It Be is a good one. I like The Police, but not really that particular song. Dream of the Blue Turtles from Sting...if I had an iPod that entire album would be on it.

Jenners said...

You do have quite an eclectic iPod playlist. I think Zenyatta Mendatta (or however you spell it) is one of my favorite Police albums too. I totally wore out that cassette (!) back in the day!