
The story begins with Chloe Ledet waking to a ringing phone in a strange hotel room with no idea of where she is or how she got there. Things worsen when she is accused of murdering a man whose body is found in the room with her. Soon another body is found and Chloe's memories that are beginning to surface only confuse and complicate matters. In an effort to find some answers, Chloe sets out into the swamps and bayous of south Louisiana with Travis Naquin, a man she vaguely remembers from her youth. Can she trust Travis?... circumstances leave her no other option.
Not only are Ms. Clark's books fun mysteries, they often provide some history or trivia relating to the story line. This book, which includes flashbacks to early 18th century France and the Louisiana Territory, shares many interesting facts about Cajun culture, New Orleans and the surrounding areas.
This was my second book for the Cozy Mystery Challenge.

8 comments:
I've never heard of this series but it sounds really good.
Glad you were able to get this one added to my form for the challenge.
Sounds good, Kelly. But I have four new books coming from Amazon's Vine Program which I have to review so they'll send me more books. LOL! I'm gonna put this one on my TBR list, though. Blessings!
It sounds really great, Kelly!
You have such a nice blog :)
marinela x x
Thanks for visiting my blog, Marinela!
What a start to a book!!
Does sound good, Sis!
That sounds like an old Jane Fonda movie...The Morning After.
Sounds like my type of read.
Funny how some authors produce their best work right at the start of their career never to better it and yet some authors take a while to establish themselves - I won't mention the authors who carry on producing poor books.
Post a Comment