I clipped this recipe from Simple & Delicious and it turned out to be quite good. It was credited to "Kyana44" on the Tasteofhome.com Community. The only changes I made were to use seasoned bread crumbs instead of plain and substituting cream of onion soup for golden mushroom.
Meat Loaf Wellington
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup ketchup
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 lbs. lean ground beef (90% lean)
1 tube (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup soup, onion, ketchup, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 9-in. x 5-in. rectangle and place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake uncovered, at 375F for 40 minutes. Unroll crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Drape dough over meat loaf to cover top, sides and ends; seal ends. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160F and crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine sour cream and remaining soup. Cover and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until heated through. Serve with meat loaf.

7 comments:
Sounds really yummy, Kelly! I love meatloaf, even cold in a sandwich. Thanks for sharing. Blessings!
Sounds interesting. I'm a meatloaf lover. I make a really good one.
In fact, you made me think about making one for Trish and me this weekend. They boys are not meatloaf fans.
Sounds yummy if I was to take out the beef. Vegetable wellington? No, it doesn't sound right.
Excuse my ignorance Kelly but what exactly is a tube of crescent rolls? I'm picturing some kind of puff pastry product.
Hmmm, had the same thought as Petty. Tofu Wellington? Nope. My meating days are behind me, but that sure sounds good.
I'm likin' it! I love meatloaf and make a pretty good one myself. Maybe Pam and I will have a cookoff! I can't have this one because of the crescent rolls. Sigh.
quid
I just made this recipe recently and it is great! I did not have bread crumbs but used reduced fat Ritz crackers that I crushed. Also, I took the extra dough that I had trimmed from the sides around the meatloaf and put it on top of the already covered loaf to make breading even thicker. I got to thinking about how you could make decorative shapes or a lattice design with the trimmed dough. I did not try this time but will next time I make this.
Yum...Yum
I want to have this again... Wesley better get cooking.
Post a Comment