Thursday, June 18, 2009

We have puppies!



I made an entry several weeks ago about two stray dogs who decided to adopt us and fill the vacancy left by Bella and Hope.

Mama Dog has grown larger by the day and started the nesting process this week. She staked out a space under our shed and made herself a bed to have her puppies. We didn’t see her all yesterday afternoon and this morning I looked out and saw her coming up from the shed, obviously slimmer and trimmer.

She doesn’t want Blue (the other stray, who we think is her daughter) anywhere near the puppies, but allowed me to peek under the shed with a flashlight. They’re so far under the building that I can’t tell how many there are or what they look like. I caught a glimpse of at least three or four heads in shades of brown and black. Time will tell.


We’ve already scheduled appointments for both girls to be spayed. Blue in July and Mama Dog in August.

*sigh*

6 comments:

Marion said...

I tell you, between you and your many dogs and me and my many cats and raccoons, we should open a non-profit agency for pet food purchases and spaying!!! I currently have 4 kittens that need to be fixed with the Mama cat. I've been bathing them and using flea powder because the monthly flea stuff is just way too expensive. It's a crime what that stuff costs!!

The new puppies look really pretty as does the Mama!

Mike said...

Posting this from my iPhone.

Algernon said...

She picked a good space. Sarah and Gabriel were under a garden shed for two weeks, and it took me forever to lure them out.

Pam said...

LOL!!! Alg, you're too funny!

Can't wait to see photos of the new arrivals!!

Too bad puppies are always so cute.

Bob said...

Oh Kelly, it's just inevitable, isn't it?! Congrats on the new arrivals and I too await the photos. Glad I'm not anywhere near them, lest I end up with one!

Did you like Guernsey?

quid said...

Kel---

You have had a prolific year for pets... waiting on them to make their first appearance.

quid