
A niece’s baby shower in a Ft. Worth suburb provided a central location for a family reunion of sorts this weekend.
I have two brothers and one sister. We all have busy lives so we don't have many opportunities to get together. Even with weddings and funerals, the last time we all managed to be in the same place at the same time was fourteen years ago!
On Friday I drove five hours to where my daughter is in college. She and I then made the two hour drive to my niece’s house on Saturday afternoon, returning that evening. I came home yesterday, tired but pleased to have spent time with my siblings… even if it wasn’t nearly enough time.
I hope we don't wait so long in the future!
I have two brothers and one sister. We all have busy lives so we don't have many opportunities to get together. Even with weddings and funerals, the last time we all managed to be in the same place at the same time was fourteen years ago!
On Friday I drove five hours to where my daughter is in college. She and I then made the two hour drive to my niece’s house on Saturday afternoon, returning that evening. I came home yesterday, tired but pleased to have spent time with my siblings… even if it wasn’t nearly enough time.
I hope we don't wait so long in the future!

5 comments:
It was great fun! I loved it! I hadn't seen you in awhile and we were long overdue. One brother I hadn't seen for almost a year, the other, not since someone's funeral, I think. It had been a loooooong time! TOO long!
What a great picture! I'm glad y'all had a reunion, of sorts. Our family needs to do that, too!!
This is great. I had wondered when y'all had all been together and you should not wait another 14 years! You all look great and, I'll say it again, Pam looks just like your mother!
Great trip, great picture and... the 4 of you don't really look like siblings. After 14 years, it must have been wonderful!
quid
Great pic! I think my brothers and I have you beat though. I don't think we had all been together in the same state since I moved to TX in 1980! I would see one or the other over the years but with my and Danny's careers its hard to get away.
Glad you got to make it happen, its fun!
deb
Post a Comment