Friday, May 22, 2009

Triple Chocolate Cake



This recipe from Simple & Delicious was submitted by Melissa Just of Minneapolis, MN. We tried it this week and the results were outstanding!


Triple Chocolate Cake

1 pkg. (18-1/4 oz.) white cake mix
1/3 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup (8oz.) sour cream
2/3 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp. baking cocoa
½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate frosting
2 Tbsp. milk

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sugar, eggs, sour cream and oil. Beat on low for 1 minute; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour half of the batter into a large bowl. Stir in cocoa until blended. Fold chocolate chips into white cake batter.

Spoon batters alternately into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

In a small bowl, combine frosting and milk. Spoon over top of cooled cake.

4 comments:

Marion said...

Holy crap, Kelly, excuse me while I whipe the drool off the computer screen! I'm definitely going to borrow this recipe for the next cake I make!

Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!!!

Kelly said...

LOL! Marion, I knew these pictures would make any self-respecting "chocoholic" HAVE to try this recipe!!

Glad you liked what you saw.

Pam said...

Really looks yummy, Sis!!! Yummmmm

Marion said...

OMG, I made a spelling error! I meant "wipe"! OOPS! It makes me nuts when I do that.....