Thursday, May 21, 2009

The best gift ever!


My Mother’s Day celebration this year was very low key. My son quizzed me several weeks before the day as to what I wanted from him and I told him a card would be sufficient and to spread the word to his siblings. That night my husband took us all out to dinner (minus one child who wasn’t in town) and my son presented me with the requested card. Each of the kids had made a subtle reference at one point or another to some sort of gift, but as time passed I pretty much forgot about it.

Earlier this week a heavy box was delivered to our house. It was addressed to our younger daughter, who was out with a friend at the time, so I just set it aside for her. The minute she walked in and saw it she smiled and announced it was my belated Mother’s Day gift from her and her siblings.

What a fun gift!!! It was a case of “My Jones Soda” personalized with my kids’ photo and a message from them on the label. Both girls were quick to give their brother credit. He’d learned of the soda from a presentation someone made in one of his classes. From there it became a group effort deciding what picture to use and what flavor soda to pick (they chose green apple).

I loved it (both the soda and the idea in general) and couldn't have asked for any better gift!
I’ve got great kids!

3 comments:

Marion said...

How unique, thoughtful and special, Kelly! I know you are thrilled with their cool gift.

I'm like you, I'd prefer a heartfelt card to diamonds. On the gift invoice enclosed with the dragonfly sculpture my daughter gave me there was a tiny sentence, "I wish I could give you the sky," and it made me boo-hoo. I've put it in my scrapbook and love it as much as the gift!! LOL! It truly is the small things that matter most....Have a great Friday and a super weekend!

Pam said...

I LOVE IT!!! How fun and how special!!!!! Awwww... lucky mom, you!

I see Jones soda in several places we go...like Maggie Moo's and someother place.

I love the Tinker Bell figurine I got from Trish and the boys. Oh, and a HUGE Hershey bar with almonds! LOL!!

Debby said...

Oh, that is a fun idea.