- Kelly
- Making my way through the ups and downs of life, holding fast to my favorite Bible verse: "For we walk by faith, not by sight." ~2 Corinthians 5:7. I began blogging in earnest at Yahoo360 on October 24, 2005. (briefly using LiveJournal and blog-city prior to that) In June 2008 I moved to Blogger. I'm now at WordPress where I hope to remain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
A true work of art, Kelly! I miss baking bread. I made it all by hand for years, then used a bread machine for many years, but I stopped when the kids left home. There's nothing on earth that smells as good as fresh bread baking. I just may have to take it up again. Blessings!!
Why so much sugar. I wonder do they mean teaspoons. For all you are doing with the sugar is giving the yeast a start.
I have a bread maker, but I've never got it out of the box. :D
LOVE homemade bread! As long as someone else bakes it!! :)
It looks delicious.
It’s difficult to find half way decent bread over here. Home made is very rare too.
Even so, I think that Mrs S’s buns are rather nice.
All the best, Boonie
Well, yum.
quid
Yum, I bet it smelt and tasted just as delicious as it looks. I'm afraid we 'cheat' and use a breadmaker but with some great results as well.
Marion - I find kneading the dough very therapeutic. If I remember right, Ray liked the oatmeal bread I made. Try making it yourself!
Vince - Even though the recipe didn't say it was proofing the yeast with the sugar, I think that's exactly what the purpose was. It still didn't rise as quickly as I wanted, but my house might not have been warm enough.
Joey - Get that breadmaker out! I used one for quite a few years and always loved it!
Pamel - ..and you know the rare times we ever see each other anymore I'm always willing to make you some.
Boonie - It's a shame you can't find good bread. I'm glad you at least have Mrs. S's buns. I will politely not ask for details.
:)
Quid - Again, if I remember correctly...you liked the oatmeal bread, too. This loaf wasn't nearly as good.
Tracy - Even though I don't use a bread machine anymore, I certainly don't consider using one cheating. The end result can be just as tasty!
Post a Comment