I've been tagged.
Tracy (Petty Witter) from Pen and Paper decided to join in a question and answer session from Jenner's blog and has in turn asked four questions of her own which I'm supposed to answer.
1. You are going to a fancy dress party - what is your costume of choice and why?
I can only remember one time that I went to this type of party and my date and I dressed in Roman garb that he borrowed from our local theatre. I'm sure they weren't authentic togas/stolas, but it was a lot of fun. Given another opportunity, I would probably opt to do that again. It was very comfortable!
2. What is the oddest gift you have ever received/given?
If I'm not mistaken, the first wedding anniversary is traditionally meant to be celebrated with a gift of paper. (does anyone really follow these rules??) On my first anniversary I received a 20-gauge shotgun from my husband!! Maybe not traditional, but one of the best gifts he's ever given me! Perhaps a little odder, though, was our tenth anniversary. We gave each other rolling desk chairs.
3. Every Christmas morning we would eat tinned hotdogs for breakfast. A family we know ate a box of malteser chocolates in bed to celebrate a birthday. Do you have any holiday traditions? If not, what tradition would you like to start?
This one's easy. Holiday Bingo!! Over the years it has become the focal point of our family gathering on Christmas Eve. I'm always the "caller" and I provide lots of fun small prizes including a WalMart giftcard as the final "cover the board" prize. It's something we can all enjoy, from the youngest to the oldest.
4. You find a time machine, to which time in history would you travel and why?
I love historical fiction/mysteries and find many periods in history fascinating. However, I think I would pick ancient Rome, in particular during the time of Vespasian. I love the Marcus Didius Falco books which are set during this timeframe. Any time I speculate on this to my husband, he's always quick to remind me about things like sanitation, gender roles, etc. So...I'd want to make sure I had my finger on the "return" button of my time machine in case I found myself in a sticky situation!
Now I'm supposed to pose four new questions and tag four others to answer them. Rather than actually tagging anyone, I'm just going to invite anyone who wants to participate to do so. (and I hope SOMEone will take me up on it!!) Do your own post, answer here in the comments, or do both!! Here's your assignment:
1. What's the best (or worst) vacation you've ever taken?
2. If you could be fluent in any language (that you don't already speak fluently) what would it be and why?
3. What would be your ultimate fantasy job/career?
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?

10 comments:
Kelly,
I enjoyed your answers to the questions on which you have been tagged very much! Here are
my answers to your questions.
1. My best vacation, was for instance a trip to France.
Which included visiting Paris, Fontainebleau. Versailles and several castles of the Loire Valley.
2. Italian, Spanish, Welsh, Gaelic, Occitan, and there are more languages which I would like to learn. I love words and languages, and I think I have an affinity with languages. As for the languages which I have mentioned everything about these languages is interesting to me,
like the words or how they are used and sound.
3. For a long time I wanted to work in a bookstore or a library. With the job at the library of the Archive, I am already at the place where I want to be. And writing poetry is a way to express myself.
4. Watching the night skies with my Dad and visiting Artis with him.
Raven
Grief Kelly that was quick of you, I hope you had as much fun answering the questions as I had reading them.
My ma-in-law follows these anniversary rules to the latter which is quite handy as you wouldn't believe how many times this type of question comes up in a quiz.
The bingo sounds fun - even if I am not normally a fan of the game I agree that it is something that can be easily played by the whole family.
I see Rome features a lot in your answers, a bit like my love of egypt would.
Such a wonderful series of questions!
1. As a part of a couple, I have had memorable vacations to Europe, driving up the coast of
California, and at large in the mountains and British Columbia, in western Canada. I often speak of vignettes of each of these trips. However, if I had to pick my favorite, it would have to be with kids involved. The truly best memories. The trip I choose would be our summer vacation in 1992 (Andrea 11, Tom 6) in Boston. We went for a week. We walked all over town. We saw it all. We loved it. Can't wait to go back!
2. It would have to be Spanish. Life in Florida would be much richer if I spoke more than just a few words.
3. This is easy (and I still may do it some day). I want to be the person who runs the ultrasound for expectant mothers. One of the ultimate experiences in my life (still brings me to tears)... how much I would like to experience it with endless others. And. I could wear scrubs everyday. Awesome.
4. Sitting in my dad's chair in front of him, after my bath on a Saturday night. Watching Gunsmoke. Dad would towel dry my long hair gently for the entire length of the show ... mom would watch. Every Saturday night. Again, I'm getting misty.
Thanks, Kel.
1) My road trip last year...the one from Houston to Key West to the Smoky Mountains to Yellowstone and back home. Too bad I wasn't blogging here yet. I would've brought you guys with me.
2)Spanish. It sounds so sexy when spoken.
3) Being a travel writer.
4) Learning to ride a bike. Hello freedom!
Postscript...
I spent some time pondering why that vacation meant so much and finally figured it out. You show your kids fun...the beach, the theme parks; and we did a lot of camping.
But on the trip to Boston, I got to show my kids history. Incredible.
quid
I'm so glad several of you joined in!
Raven - I hope someday I can visit Artis and have you as my guide.
Tracy - I rarely play "real" bingo, but the few times I have I've loved it. This version uses holiday pictures rather than numbers.
Quid - Your "memory" brings back one of my own. I would always pin a towel around my neck (with a diaper pin!) so that my long hair wouldn't get my pjs wet while it dried.
Jen - That would have been a great trip to take "with" you!
Sorry i meant to say, I'll have a go with these questions soon but I've just got caught up real life issues at the moment, plus taking photos for this other Sunday meme is taking far too long!
Liked your answers btw. :)
I enjoyed your answers, and I agree that a comfortable toga is a great costume.
I like participating in a meme now and then, but Advent and Christmas is a really busy period familywise so perhaps next time.
Joey - You've definitely had some wonderful photos in your Sunday Scavenger Hunt posts. Photography is definitely not my strong suit.
Dorte - Yes, things are getting busier with the holidays. I found little time for blogging or e-mail over Thanksgiving.
It is fun to see this meme morph and change. Love these questions. I am in love with the idea of holiday bingo. We'll have to try that.
Post a Comment