I’m not much of a fan of Reality TV. In fact, I probably wouldn’t have included it in my Favorite Five series if Quid hadn’t mentioned it in an earlier comment. I’m not even sure the choices I’ve listed all technically qualify as reality shows. Anyway, here goes....
1. American Idol – Talk about a program that requires an investment of your time! I’ve only watched one season from start to finish and that was the Taylor Hicks year. During two other seasons I’ve picked it up for the final 12 (or 13 as was the case this past year) contestants. Now that I have a DVR, I may try to watch it from the beginning during the next season. It’s great being able to skip all the boring parts.
2. Iron Chef – Not the American version, but the original Japanese version that was dubbed in English.
3. Pimp My Ride – It always amazed me how they could take a pitiful looking vehicle and customize it in such neat ways to suit the personality or profession of the owner. I loved the host for the show, Xzibit . A funny guy!
4. Skating with Celebrities - Plagued with a variety of “issues”, this program only lasted one season. Too bad. I enjoyed it.
5. I couldn’t decided between these two for my last choice: Parental Control (I watched the later version of the show) and America’s Best Dance Crew (produced by Randy Jackson of American Idol fame), Totally different, but equally entertaining.

7 comments:
1. Survivor
2. Dancing With the Stars
3. Iron Chef
4. Beauty and the Geek
5. Last Comic Standing
I don't watch many reality shows. These are the ones I watch with some regularity.
American Idol
America's Got Talent
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
And, when I'm in the mood...
Wipeout
Not in any particular order, my favourite five are:
1 Big Brother.
2 I'm A Celebrity - Get Me Out Of Here (currently on tv).
3 Celebrity Come Dance With Me (our version of Dancing With The Stars).
4 Come Dine With Me (also currently showing, this is probably my favourite).
5 Britains Got Talent.
I'm pretty sure you know the dancing shows will be in mine. Here we go:
1. The Amazing Race
2. Top Chef
3. So You Think You Can Dance
4. American Idol
5. Dancing with the Stars
I'm fond of Survivor, Iron Chef, Flipping Out, Project Runway... like Pam, I confess to watching Wipeout.
American Idol...that's it.
I'm impressed. I thought that we here in the UK had lots of reality shows - it seems I was wrong.
Petty -
In the states, with so much economic worry, war, political infighting, to reform or not reform healthcare.... it is safe to say we prefer the pretend reality of TV to our own daily reality.
:)
quid
Post a Comment