Sunday, November 8, 2009

Blogger

Blogger has been acting a little strangely for me the past few days.

When I read blogs, I normally go to my dashboard first and look for updates from those I follow. I’ll link off from there if something catches my eye or otherwise interests me. While talking with my brother this week, he mentioned an entry he had made on his blog. I checked later and there were three entries that had not appeared in the updates on my dashboard. Then, on the opposite end of the spectrum, I had updates for four entries from another person’s blog, but some of those entries were as much as a week old. I had already read them since I get e-mail notifications of new entries for that blog, but thinking back, I can’t remember if they showed up in my updates at the time they originally posted. Hmmm.

How do y’all read blogs? Do you use the dashboard and depend on updates from those you follow? If you do this, do you click on the entry or the entire blog? Do you just go to individual blogs and read all the entries down to where you last read one? Do you think you ever miss entries this way? Do you care?! (sorry…I got carried away…)

Just curious.

8 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Its Halloween that did it - ever since then we have been having problems of one sort or another with blogger. Obviously a gremlin in the system.

How do I read blogs? Well I start with those in my favourites list, reading anything that is new. I then read the blogs of my followers, skimming through to see if anything catches my attention before, if i have time, visiting the blogs of those who have commented on mine and, finally once a week I try and make the effort to visit some new blogs.
Being largely in the house by myself during the day, you all provide a link with the outside world which I value very much.

Bob said...

I just pull up my blog page and look at my favorites I have listed at the left which tells me how recently the author has posted something new. I have not ever done the "following" thing.

Every once in a while the blogger "system," for whatever reason, seems to just have a glitch which eventually resolves itself. I don't begin to try to understand.

The Shelfari site gives me fits and I don't find it all user-friendly. I try to add a book and sometimes it's days before it actually shows up. Don't get it.

quid said...

I just go to my blog page and pull up each of your blogs and see what's new.

But, I've had problems lately. I posted on both your "five words" and "To Kill a Mockingbird" entries yesterday. And I know I did the security thing. Today, no entries. If I can recall all that wisdom (!) I'll post again.

quid

WhiteStone said...

On my dashboard is a list of the blogs I follow. And it shows the most recent entries by blog. When I read one, I click on the blog title, rather than the title of the current post. That way I can scroll down to see if I've missed any previous posts.

Marion said...

Kelly, my blog acted up for a few days, too, but mostly with the comments. (Maybe it was Halloween gremlins. LOL!) I get updates via my dashboard and so far, haven't had any problems there. I hope you get it worked out. Blessings!

Pam said...

I've had so little time lately to even log on I don't know if there's a problem or not. I know I'm behind in reading and commenting and only do a few as I get the time.

I usually always try to catch yours and our brother's but I have to do hit and miss on the others.

That's going to be the norm for the time being. No time to do computer.

Sorry to all my blogging friends I'm not getting to or getting to on the hit and miss basis. One of these days I'll have some time to spare.

I hope.

Bob said...

And I sure miss Pam's writing.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

There are definitely glitches.
When I visit Blogspot, I go to the individual blogs.

And to Pam,

Pam, I understand, we will miss you here.
Raven