O Lord our God,
Who has called us to serve You,
In the midst of the world's affairs,
When we stumble, hold us;
When we fall, lift us up;
When we are hard pressed with evil, deliver us;
When we turn from what is good, turn us back;
And bring us at last to Your glory.
... St. Alcuin (c. 735-804)
- Kelly
- Making my way through the ups and downs of life, holding fast to my favorite Bible verse: "For we walk by faith, not by sight." ~2 Corinthians 5:7. I began blogging in earnest at Yahoo360 on October 24, 2005. (briefly using LiveJournal and blog-city prior to that) In June 2008 I moved to Blogger. I'm now at WordPress where I hope to remain.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Words from St. Alcuin
I have received the Christian Quotation of the Day via e-mail for a number of years. As with any devotional, some entries speak to me more than others. Here’s one from last week that I especially liked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Actually, it speaks to me, also.
Beautiful prayer! Bring to mind the Footprints poem.
Post a Comment