
Algernon made an entry recently about teaching a couple of the kids at his school how to play chess. In my comment I mentioned that I preferred to play Pente. I know I made an entry about Pente on my 360 blog, but I can’t find it! I just wasted a half hour clicking through my “Tag Cloud” there looking for it. Actually, I shouldn’t say it was wasted time. I had forgotten how many fun links I included in many of my entries there and thoroughly enjoyed revisiting some of them! Maybe I should repeat a few of them here…
Back to Pente. I discovered the game in the early 80s and was instantly addicted. Several of us had boards and we spent countless hours playing! You can tell from the wear and tear on the game tube in the photo that my set was well used. (Yes, that’s Alice, hoping I’ll look away for a moment so she can nibble on the board or swipe a stone)
My family members never really enjoyed the game so it was a thrill to find it available online. I keep about fifteen or twenty games going at all times, most of them with one of my original Pente partners. I prefer playing with people I know, so I don’t keep my username public. If you’d like to set up an account (it’s free!), let me know your username and we can play. Come on… I dare you!
Back to Pente. I discovered the game in the early 80s and was instantly addicted. Several of us had boards and we spent countless hours playing! You can tell from the wear and tear on the game tube in the photo that my set was well used. (Yes, that’s Alice, hoping I’ll look away for a moment so she can nibble on the board or swipe a stone)
My family members never really enjoyed the game so it was a thrill to find it available online. I keep about fifteen or twenty games going at all times, most of them with one of my original Pente partners. I prefer playing with people I know, so I don’t keep my username public. If you’d like to set up an account (it’s free!), let me know your username and we can play. Come on… I dare you!

5 comments:
Actually, I've played Pente before. Used to play it in a club I frequented back in the 80s in San Antonio.
As for the online game...I really don't have the time to get myself started on that!!!
I hardly have time to play my nightly (when possibl) games of Scrabble and Bejeweled on Real Arcade. Those are priorities! :)
Cool! But I don't know if I dare...
Looks like a cool game, but since it took me 10 longsuffering years to beat my husband at Chess, I think I'll decline the dare!!!
I've never even heard of it before, Kel... think I'll do a little research.
I often pull an old chestnut from my old 360 blog and post it here. It's fun to see them again, and works great when you have writing burnout.
quid
That's our game!
Post a Comment