Marion has made a couple of entries lately about some of her favorite cartoon characters. I don’t keep up with what my granddaughter watches (other than to know she loves Hannah Montana and High School Musical) so I’m a little out of touch with kid shows these days.
I loved cartoons when I was growing up. Flintstones, Jetsons, Tom & Jerry, Yogi Bear, Bugs Bunny, Popeye, the Roadrunner…. way too many to name them all. I enjoyed lots of the shows and cartoons my children watched, but one I especially liked was Prometheus and Bob. It was a short that occasionally aired on the Nickelodeon show KaBlam. Each segment revolved around Prometheus (a space alien) attempting to teach Bob (a caveman) some simple skill. Things never worked out like Prometheus hoped in part thanks to an obnoxious chimp that appeared in most episodes.
Here’s the best place I’ve found for watching the clips: The Biggest Prometheus and Bob Fansite

6 comments:
Oh, I love Prometheus and Bob, too! I wish it hadn't gone by the wayside.
I like Spongebob and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Growing up it was Heckle and Jeckle, Roadrunner, Tom and Jerry, Tweety, Flintstones, etc.
My boys like Billy and Mandy, and......of course Pokemon!
MY daughter was and still is a HUGE Scooby Doo fan!
This is one cartoon (?) I never saw before.
YES! This was one of my favorites! KABLAM was AWESOME! haha wow...that brought back memories!
Some of my favorite shows were...
Hey Dude
Salute Your Shorts
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Angry Beavers
CATDOG (my dad LOVED that one!)
Rocko's Modern Life
-Claire
I definately thought catdog was great. My favorite cartoon growing up was probably the Road Runner. My earliest recollection of a cartoon was Tom Terrific on the Kaptain Kangroo show. These days I occasionally catch an episode or two of South Park (actually have been there) and Family Guy. I love it when I realize I'm old enough to "get" some of the lines that the kids don't get.
This Prometheus and Bob thing... I was totally, culturally, unaware. I feel so out of sync with the universe. Sigh. Is it possible that I couldn't remember any of my kids cartoons because (gulp) it was over 20 years ago?
I WAS a Road Runner and Wiley Coyote fan, as well, as a kid. I guess that means I have some brain cells left.
quid
Didn't know Prometheus and Bob either and it sounds great.
Post a Comment