Friday, December 18, 2009

The Sing Off

When my daughter is home, I tend to watch things on TV I might not otherwise watch. Earlier in the week we tuned into a new reality show airing on NBC called "The Sing Off". It has the typical set up: A celebrity host, three celebrity judges and eight groups of contestants vying for big bucks and a recording contract. What makes it a little different is that each group performs a capella. Another difference is that the show will be wrapped up within a week - not drawn out like many reality shows.

The performances took place over several nights this week with the judges making the eliminations. Three groups remain and the final results are now up to the public. Viewers are limited to ten votes each and these can be cast anytime up until Sunday. The final show will air on Monday evening.

Did you miss out? It's not too late! If you go to NBC.com you can watch all the episodes in their entirety as well as learn about the contestants, watch individual performances, and ...vote.

8 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I love a capella. I'll have to check the TV listings and see if I can find this program. (I have not watched a single one of the other reality shows. Life is too real as it is. lol)

Marion said...

I haven't seen this one but I'll have to check it out. I do watch Survivor and haven't missed a show in years. There's a guy on there this time (Russull) who's a hoot. Blessings!

Pam said...

I saw it was on, but still watching either Christmas stuff or regular shows that are still showing new episodes. I also have a DVR full of things I need to zero out.

I can only handle so much reality. LOL! School's out today for the break and I'm done with as much reality as possible for awhile. Escapism is the name of the game! *grin*

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I know just what you mean. When we had Niece #1 staying, I watched allsorts that I wouldn't normally dream of.

This sounds like a good idea. Of course we get so many of these singing reality shows but to do it capella, now thats interesting. I wonder if the format will make it to England? I hope so.

Bob said...

I got hooked on this one! What amazing talent. We are all voting for the Beelzebubs here. I think my daughter might become one of their groupies!

Kelly said...

The "bubs" are really good and we like them, too.... but we're pulling for Nota. Both groups are incredibly talented.

quid said...

I had missed this due to a concern that too much reality was too much for me. Friends told me how good it was. Thanks for giving me a link to see it. If I do, no doubt I'll be watching Monday since I think the Giants vs. Redskins are a done deal and yes, all of the dancing shows are done for the year.


quid

quid said...

OK, so I was able to watch all 3 shows today and I'm all caught up. I love the Bubs, but my vote is for Nota.

quid