Saturday, September 26, 2009

Seasons of Grace


Have you ever discovered a book on your bookshelf that you have no recollection of? I found a book of poetry entitled Seasons of Grace by Mark A. Noll on my shelf the other day and started thumbing through it. I have no idea where it came from, but it has some beautiful poems in it! If you enjoy poetry with a Christian theme, you might want to look into it. Here’s a review from the back cover:



“Mark Noll’s poems belong to the noble tradition of meditative lyrics on the Christian life. Refusing to acknowledge any division between the sacred and the everyday, Noll’s poetic reflections refreshingly traverse the seen and the unseen world in a journey of grace that is both his own and every Christian’s.”
~Leland Ryken, author of Worlds of Delight, The Liberated Imagination, and Redeeming the Time.

2 comments:

Marion said...

Sounds good, Kelly. I'll look up some of his poems online and check him out.

I went 'shopping' in my books last week and found "Memoirs of a Geisha" and it was a great read.

On the 'Naked Lady' flowers, I found one online called 'Belladonna Lilies'. They resembled Azaleas to me. Also, Amaryllis are also called 'Naked Ladies'. Apparently, there are many flowers with that nickname. Learn something new every day, right?! Ain't mother nature a trip? Have a good weekend!

Pam said...

I love finds like that! I never heard of the book but it sounds interesting. You'll have to share a few of the poems with us!