
I started this puzzle several weeks ago with the goal of having it finished by today. Appropriately titled Palm Sunday, it’s the work of artist Ruane Manning. I’ve done other puzzles featuring his artwork including At the Watering Hole and one depicting Jesus as the Good Shepherd.
In honor of the day I’m posting the legend of the Donkey’s Cross along with a photo of the cross on Buster's back.
The Donkey's Cross
"Bring me the colt of a donkey," was
the Master's request.
A young donkey was brought to Jesus
to carry Him into Jerusalem.
A week later Jesus was ordered crucified.
The little donkey so loved the Lord that
he wanted to help Him carry the cross.
But alas, he was pushed away.
The sad little donkey waited to say
goodbye until nearly all had left.
As he turned to leave, the shadow of
the cross fell upon his back and shoulder.
And there it has remained, a tribute to
the loyalty and love of the humblest
of God's creatures.
author unknown
In honor of the day I’m posting the legend of the Donkey’s Cross along with a photo of the cross on Buster's back.
The Donkey's Cross
"Bring me the colt of a donkey," was
the Master's request.
A young donkey was brought to Jesus
to carry Him into Jerusalem.
A week later Jesus was ordered crucified.
The little donkey so loved the Lord that
he wanted to help Him carry the cross.
But alas, he was pushed away.
The sad little donkey waited to say
goodbye until nearly all had left.
As he turned to leave, the shadow of
the cross fell upon his back and shoulder.
And there it has remained, a tribute to
the loyalty and love of the humblest
of God's creatures.
author unknown

3 comments:
Beautiful puzzle and great post. Ray's birthday is on Easter this year, lucky guy! Hugs!
I agree. Love the puzzle and the post. I do love that poem. I remember Buster's cross.
We are not moving for good. We are heading to Tx for a couple of months and then back here but hopefully a new house. Smiles, Katie
Post a Comment