I knew after reading Quid’s Haiku this week that I wanted to try writing some of my own.
Here are my first efforts and what prompted them.
Each Spring I am reminded anew just how many variations there are on the color green. I see it in my daily walk to the mailbox, particularly on a bright, sunny day.
Vibrant shades of green
Brand new leaves against blue sky
The colors of Spring
These same daily walks are often a time when I feel very close to God. Perfect for praising, praying or just listening for Him.
Marking steps with prayer
God’s presence all around me
Speaking to my soul
I mentioned in a recent entry that my bird feeders were busy with Cardinals and Goldfinches. The past few days they’ve been joined by Indigo Buntings… one of my favorites!
Bold, red Cardinals
Buntings of electric blue
Bright yellow Finches
I’ll never forget the first time I discovered how noisy cows can be when they graze! It made me laugh to hear the steady ripping of the grass as they slowly worked their way across the pasture.
Cows attack the grass
Tearing apart the silence
Heads never look up
Top quality? Nah, but the important thing is that I had fun writing them and want to do more.

2 comments:
FABULOUS, AMAZING! See, you ARE a POET!!! I LOVE THEM, KELLY! If your first attempts are this awesome, I can't imagine how great they'll be as you keep on writing. (Look out, Pammie----there's another poet in the family!!!) Clapping and laughing---a new poet is born!!! Yea!!!!!
They are GREAT!!!! I'm soooo impressed, Sis!!! :) I especially love the cow one! LOL!!!
Way to go, you!!!
Post a Comment