I like experimenting with different varieties of tea and have several places I order from. About a year ago I received an order from Stash which included a couple of bags of loose green tea I had not ordered. In correcting the error they allowed me to keep the tea at no cost. The bags sat in the back of a drawer until I recently came across them again and decided to see if my tastes had changed.
I don’t know if it was really a change in taste or just a more appealing blend, but I was pleasantly surprised. It’s called “Tea of a Thousand Charms” and is a blend of Huo Mountain Yellow Sprouting, Young Hyson Gunpowder, Mao Feng and Dragonwell. Not something I want every day, but I’ll certainly finish what I have. I haven’t tried the other bag which is “Gunpowder Green”.
Pictured here is my new Lotus Blossom teacup with its own infuser and lid.
Relax. Have a cup of tea.

4 comments:
Okay, I'm envious of that teacup. It's my favorite color and it's a lotus blossom! I'm too a-feared to go to the Stash website because I KNOW I'll do damage to my credit rating there! LOL! I'm due a trip to Marshall's where they often have the Stash teapots for a fraction of the price. Reading the names of the green tea made me wish for a new book in that tea series---can't recall the author because I'm on my first cup of coffee! Glad you're enjoying your new tea experience!!!
I love the teacup, too. I do NOT like green tea. I'm not really a tea drinker, period.
It's one of those things I want to like but just don't. :(
I love tea, and my dad brought back a daily tea habit from Australia and New Zealand, so it was a comfort growing up.
Andrea is my tea drinker and she loves to experiment. She has a couple of Stash pots/cups, but I couldn't find their pictures.
Her newest venture is into South African red teas, which are organic and non-caffienated. The latest favorite is Red Tea with Real Madagascar Vanilla. I confess, the tea habit always gives me good ideas to buy her little gifts when I travel.
quid
You know, Kel. I have ordered teas but never really gotten into drinking them. So why did I order? Because that was the thing to do when the green tea craze started? Probably.
This is a great "tea" post. Since I have a variety of teas in the kitchen, your post is prompting me to head in there and select one that will relax me tonight. I love the photo.
A great topic! Bev
Post a Comment