Monday, April 20, 2009

More Haiku

The positive feedback to my recent attempt at Haiku inspired me to work on some more over the weekend.

Many times as a child I remember riding in the car, traveling on dark, rural highways where the homes are few and far between. Whenever I saw a window lit from within, I always wondered about the people that lived there.

Riding in the car
My nose pressed against the glass
Staring through the night

Yellow squares of light
Reveal lives unknown to me
Making me wonder

Inside a dark house

The blue glow of a TV
Flickers silently

Behind drawn curtains

Imaginary people
Going about life

During the first year we were married, my husband and I both got our
private pilot’s license. The following summer we took a road trip to Las Vegas with another couple, driving straight through. Airport beacon lights were fresh on my mind at that point and I remember how many I saw as we made our way along the darkened interstate.

Rotating beacons
Calling out to distant planes
Come this way! Land here!

Okay, I’ll admit that last one was a little corny!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Possibly, but I liked it anyway! :) Also love the traveling one.

Keep 'em comin' Sis!!

Marion said...

Actually, I liked the last one best. Tee-Hee. You GO girl!!! Keep 'em coming! Hugs!!!

quid said...

Such is a sigh of
Contentment mine. You, too, are
Obsessed. Haiku!



:):):)