Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday entertainment

Quid posted an entry the other day filled with Haiku, her “Lightning Series”. She’s an amazing poet and it’s a beautiful example of her work.

Not to detract from her talent, I was reminded of a funny e-mail I received years ago which contained “dog haiku”. Of course that e-mail is long gone, but a quick Google search brought up plenty of samples of what I remembered. Although not all of them are true to form, here are a few for your Monday entertainment.

I love my master;

Thus I perfume myself with
This long-rotten squirrel.

Today I sniffed

Many dog butts - I celebrate
By kissing your face.

I sound the alarm!

Mailman - come to kill us all -
Look! Look! Look! Look! Look!

How do I love thee?

The ways are numberless as
My hairs on the rug.

I hate my choke chain -

Look, world, they strangle me! Ack
Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack!

You may call them fleas,

But they are far more - I call
Them a vocation.

My human is home!

I am so ecstatic I have
Made a puddle.

Dig under fence - why?

Because it's there. Because it's
There. Because it's there.


Here's a picture of Betty with our granddaughter yesterday.

6 comments:

Marion said...

Too funny, Kelly! I loved it!!

Pam said...

LOL!

awww....and look how that little Miss is growin' up!!!

quid said...

OMG>.....I laughed until I cried. Here's one for me to save and then dig it out and we'll laugh all over again 5 years from now.

Loved it, Kelly.

quid

Felicity Grace Terry said...

What a wonderful selection, each and everyone brought a smile to my face and a giggle to my lips. What a pretty girl your granddaughter is. It's nice to 'meet' some of your family.

Cara Powers said...

A Richard Wright dog haiku for you:

The dog's violent sneeze
Fails to rouse a single fly
On his mangy back.

Kelly said...

Ooooo.... I love that!!

Thanks, Cara!

Thanks for the compliment, Tracy. I think she's pretty cute, too!