Oven Barbecued Chicken
1 (2-1/2 to 3-pound) broiler- fryer chicken, cut up
(I use 4 or 5 boneless chicken breasts)
1 cup unsifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted (I use butter)
1/4 cup chopped onion (I use 1/2 to 3/4 cup)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 cup catsup
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup lemonjuice from concentrate
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In paper or plastic bag, combine flour and salt. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat. Place in greased 13x9-inch baking dish; drizzle with 1/4 cup butter. Bake 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, cook onion and garlic in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients; simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Pour over chicken; bake 30 minutes longer or until tender. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Leftovers are good to chop up, heat in the microwave then serve as a sandwich (either closed or open-faced)
1 (2-1/2 to 3-pound) broiler- fryer chicken, cut up
(I use 4 or 5 boneless chicken breasts)
1 cup unsifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted (I use butter)
1/4 cup chopped onion (I use 1/2 to 3/4 cup)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 cup catsup
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup lemonjuice from concentrate
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In paper or plastic bag, combine flour and salt. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat. Place in greased 13x9-inch baking dish; drizzle with 1/4 cup butter. Bake 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, cook onion and garlic in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients; simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Pour over chicken; bake 30 minutes longer or until tender. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Leftovers are good to chop up, heat in the microwave then serve as a sandwich (either closed or open-faced)

2 comments:
Yum! We love oven BBQ chicken around here. I'm afraid I do it the easy way....bottled bbq sauce.
Might try this sometime! :)
I ain't et one piece of chicken since we drove through Hope, Arkansas and saw all those chicken plants---then got behind an 18-wheeler, back open, packed like sardines with horribly crippled up looking, sad birds. I may never et another chicken never. Yore fren, Marion
PS: Can I use this recipe for barbequed pork? LOL!
Post a Comment