I’m afraid what I earlier thought was progress was nothing more than them having me trained. I’m good about praising them when I see them go outside, but I need to pay closer attention and do more scolding when I catch them going in the house. I guess they’re still young… only about 12-14 weeks old. I just don’t remember having this much trouble training a dog in the past. (Well, except for Betty, maybe.)
There are positive moments. Both of their boxes were dry when I got up this morning. Of course I got them up (instead of the other way around) since I had my alarm set for church, but it was still a pleasant surprise.
Stay tuned. I’m sure there’ll be plenty more ups and downs.

Mabel really likes Betty. You can almost imagine her thoughts as she plots her attack! Poor unsuspecting Beagle!

Alice took a much needed break under the Gardenia bush after playing hard all morning.

2 comments:
If both boxes were dry this morning then you're not looking hard enough. Weasley used to leave a gift in a shoe. Have patience...growing up it took a long long time to housebreak you.
Yes, Mike's right. It does take a long time to fully housebreak some dogs.
R2 was easy ( perhaps Shelties are), Bear was already housebroken when I rescued him.
Smokey was hard and will still go for revenge. He especially loved to jump the gate in MY room and "gift" MY side of the bed carpet!!! Really tics me off! My own dogs are horrified when that happens! LOL!
And then there's Mac. Little turd that he is, he STILL dribbles every chance he gets when excited or any other excuse he can find.
It's like Mike said....different dogs are different just like kids. Some kids are easy to train, others...well...whole other story! LOL!
Post a Comment