
Movies have gotten so expensive these days that we try to catch the matinee whenever we feel the need to see one on the big screen. I've really liked most of M. Night Shyamalan's movies (especially Signs!) and was looking forward to seeing The Happening. Yesterday turned out to be a day we could head to the theatre mid-afternoon. What a disappointment!!! We all thought the movie was sorry! The acting wasn't very impressive and the quality of the film seemed lacking. I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their money on it. If you must see it.... wait for video.
Speaking of videos.... we rented a couple over the weekend. National Treasure 2 was okay. (the action was a little hokey at times) I never saw the first one so I can't compare it to that. I thought the other movie, Jumper, was better. I'm sure there will be a sequel.

4 comments:
You join legions of movie watchers who are wondering what happened to M. Night Shyamalan.
I've heard nothing but negative reviews for his newest and supposedly scariest.
I'd already marked it for "On Demand", when available, and the other pickings are slim to none. :)
Trish and the boys watched NT2 and Jumpers and enjoyed them.
We just got back from a day at Hawaiian Falls waterpark and Connor is watching The Spiderwick Chronicles.
I'll watch it later or tomorrow.
I'm skipping any new M Night. I wanna see Jumper. I also loved the Spiderwick Chronicles... Connor and I are soulmates.
Both of my sons confirm your findings and those of most movie reviewers. I'll gladly skip this one. Have heard/read mixes reviews on 'Get Smart.' I am old enough to remember the TV show and I thought it was great. Think Wife and I will give this updated version a try. I love Steve Carrell.
Post a Comment